Two pups in a crate????

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
A question for any of you who had/have two pups at the same time. Did you crate them together or separate? We currently have Lola who is just over 13 weeks and we have our little boy arriving tomorrow who is 7weeks. If they get along I don't see why not but would like any advice from others with two pup experience.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You can allow them to share if they want to, but you will want them each to have their own den, a place to call their own home sweet home.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Leslie, when we first brought home our guys, we had a double crate which was big enough for both of them, and they got along, and slept together no problem at first, but as they got older, I separated them into crates of their own, size by side. I did this not because they weren't getting along, but because they had very different personalities and sleep habits. My female Blossom has over the top energy, and is in play mode 24/7, and my male Bulldozer is very laid back and loves to sleep all day. When they were together at night, blossom would jump on Dozer, bite his ears and legs, and pounce on him while he tried to sleep. Lol. Dozer just wanted to chill and sleep and Blossom just wanted to play all night. They are out together during the day, they will play together, snuggle with us, and they will sleep beside each other either on the couch or on the floor, but when it's night time and time to sleep, they sleep In their own crates. You can start them out in the same crate and see how they do, every bully is different and they may be okay together. Some like to have their own space.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We tried that with our two, I think it lasted about two days.... Banks was having none of it and Nitschke would sit in the corner afraid to touch her.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

We have "many" bulldogs and in the dog room each one has their crate. There are times when they have to each go into their own crate but many times the crate doors are open and some of the dogs "buddy" up in one crate or another. It is important for each dog to feel safe in their own crate. Putting the crate side-by-side so they can nose each other helps the process. Let them spend time together around the crates to just get comfortable with them.
Lots of advice here, you decide what is best.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
When we got our second dog out oldest was a year old. She was 8 weeks. We tried separate crates for them and the pup would just cry in the crate. We would then let her out and she would run straight to sully's crate and want to sleep with him. So we started crating them together. Flash forward 4 years later we were trying to figure out how to crate curly. The two other dogs slept together in an xlarge crate plus a medium crate attached. would curly feel left out because we are isolating him from the pack?

Long story short, we figured it would not be good to keep him separate from the older 2 dogs so we made a crate condo for all three dogs and they love it. 2xl crates and 1 medium crate.

1f1f6682ca8919fe77f6e6798ce77b2c.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.