Help me with my whiny baby!!

Bentleysmom01

Nov 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Captain Bentley
Hi! My name is Maranda. My fiancé and I are first time bulldog owners. We picked up our handsome little man, Bentley (11 weeks), last Friday. We have a crate that we would like him to sleep in at night. So far each time we put him in the crate he cries and barks and whines......he does not stop until we put him in bed with us. Any suggestions on how we can help him become comfortable in his crate so we can all sleep?

sent from my sexy Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416256976096.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416256976096.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 197
Feb 19, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Georgie Girl
Get the old type big Ben alarm clock that winds up and put it in his crate. He will relate to it as "Mama's" heartbeat. Have a soft cuddle toy and soft blanket. He's a cutie... ♡

mo77511

Jan 23, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sukie and Tucker
My girl did the same thing. I ended up having to put the travel kennel in the bed between us and keep my fingers in the cage so she could touch them after about 2 weeks was able to get her to settle down at night in the kennel by the bed. She is fixing to be 4 and my boy is 3 and they now allow us to sleep with them...Good Luck!

OP
Bentleysmom01

Bentleysmom01

Nov 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Captain Bentley
Thank you for the advice! We bought one of the Womb Sounds Teddy Bears they make for infants....haven't noticed if it is helping yet[emoji20] ....he does snuggle up to it sometimes though.

sent from my sexy Note 4

OP
Bentleysmom01

Bentleysmom01

Nov 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Captain Bentley
I was thinking about getting a small travel crate and putting in the bed....then transitioning to the bigger one.

sent from my sexy Note 4

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
What a little cutie! He's just a little baby and he needs to be close to you. Can you skip the crate and let him sleep in a dog bed next to your bed instead? That way it's easy for you to sooth him if he cries and you will also be able to get him up and out quickly.

OP
Bentleysmom01

Bentleysmom01

Nov 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Captain Bentley
@cefel3....I am going to talk it over with the mister...I think that may be the best option for night time. We also have a 5 year old lab and she never goes in the crate, mostly because she is 5 yrs old.

sent from my sexy Note 4

OP
Bentleysmom01

Bentleysmom01

Nov 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Captain Bentley
I feel bad cause it seems kind of unfair that she is out roaming at night....however he is a baby and needs a little confinement.

sent from my sexy Note 4

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
When we had our pup we slept with them in the same room where they were sleeping in the crate (X-pen around it), so they weren't alone at first. Yes, on the floor on a matress. Then after awhile we moved the matress a little bit further away and then wnt to sleep in our bedroom. The first night alone especially our Voitto made the worst and the funniest sounds to get our attention, but we held our ground and juts let him protest. It took two nights, but he did stop. You have given in, so he will be even more persistent, cause he knows you give in....don't. He is very handsome and has you wrapped around his paws all ready.

OP
Bentleysmom01

Bentleysmom01

Nov 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Captain Bentley
He has me so wrapped!! I literally feel like his mommy LOL! Little stinker!![emoji7] [emoji7]

sent from my sexy Note 4

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You are his mommy and he really believes it too. IMHO the best thing to do is to let him sleep with you and not crate him. Makes for a really happy home.

OP
Bentleysmom01

Bentleysmom01

Nov 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Captain Bentley
I may go get an inexpensive small dog bed and put it in our bed while he is small....then move it to the floor as he gets bigger. I still want him to be ok with the crate though for when we have to leave the house.

sent from my sexy Note 4

OP
Bentleysmom01

Bentleysmom01

Nov 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Captain Bentley
2114e0f35bc7df4e9b07f227992e145b.jpg

See.....on those pillows like he owns them! [emoji7] [emoji7]

sent from my sexy Note 4

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
You have been given great advice, but my goodness he's absolutely adorable… I would just put him in the bed!!! LOL

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online