Other does the pooping ever stoo?

danddi

Nov 16, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
oscar
I just purchased Oscar a week ago, he is 5 months old. We have been very patient but we are frustrated. We have had other puppies without this problem. Problem is he does not feel when he needs to poop. He poops while he walks, sleeps or plays. Took him to vet and they said its neurological and can't be fixed. I feel totally dooped by the breeder and have become attached to this sweet boy, however, i just can't live with poop everywhere and can't seem to keep up with it. I have him on a schedule for food. I hate that my options are to keep him locked up for the rest of his life or put him down.
If anyone has any suggestions please help.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Did you get a health guarantee with your pup? I know you are already in love with him-but if it is neurological, he will have to wear diapers all of his life. I would suggest getting a second opinion-though your vet is most likely correct. Contact the breeder-if they are honest people, they would take him back and replace with another pup.
They knew what they were doing, as they had him for 5 months.So sorry to hear this.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm so sorry you are going through this with your new baby, it must be so heartbreaking, as I'm sure you've already bonded with Oscar, and you love him. I understand, my guy Bulldozer was also born with a Genetic defect in his jaw, and it didn't come out until he was 5 months old, but by then he was ours. We had a 1 year guarantee for genetic defects, but didn't want to return him. We got our guys at 10 weeks old, and he hadn't developed this problem yet, so the breeder didn't know. In your case, since you only got Oscar 1 week ago, and he's already 5 months old, I'm sure the breeder already knew he had this problem when he sold him to you. Your options at this point are that you return the puppy to the breeder and get your money back, or they give you another puppy, or you keep him and place diapers on him, there are many special needs bullies with Spina Bifida, and other problems that wear diapers with suspenders, and do quite well, and then he wouldn't have to be locked up. Please don't make any decisions about putting him down, there are rescues out there that will take your baby and rehome him, if you feel you can't cope with his problem. Have you spoken to your breeder about Oscar, and did they give you any papers or contract for the pup? I don't know what the answer is, since this something you have to decide and what you are willing to live with. Again I'm so sorry, and I hope you find a solution. Please keep us posted.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

5 months is still very young. The problem of uncontrolled pooping is very difficult to deal with. Depending on how much food, how often and what brand can help reduce the volume and amount of poop. It is not meant to solve the problem but rather to help manage the problem. The foods that cause loose ploppy stools make clean up much harder and more of a mess. The food that produces a firmer, more compact stool are easier to clean up. If your decision is to keep your puppy, finding ways to better deal with the problems will make things manageable, not solve. Certainly the diapers with suspenders help a lot for in the house.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online