pee pads???

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
can someone please explain to me how dogs are attracted to using them? I am thinking of getting some for my pup at night as she pees in her crate and sleeps in it. Not to bore everyone since I have posted already but basically she pees before we can get her out of the crate as she gets nervous so I have her sleeping on a rubber mat with towels next to my bed but she just pees in her sleep. (I think...I never hear her move) so I am wondering if a pee pad would help and if she would even realize it was there to use.

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
You should try her on puppy litter, most that I suggest it to like it but don't like to take the time to teach what puppy litter is about to a puppy. But they do very well and it allows them to not have to sleep in urine or poo because litter box has it. It is cleaned out just like kitty litter as well. It is compacted paper made into small pellets that break down to a dust almost when urinated on. I made my puppies a small pan and placed right directly into their cage so they slept on bed and had water , food , and a large pan of litter, I also had litter pans placed around my house to always have one visable for the puppy which we would constantly stop and place puppy in litter and say go potty. They also were known to crawl into the pan on occasions and begin playing as well. We saturated their urine with the pellets when the puppies would have accidents and picked it up and placed into the litter pan giving them their puppy scent and made sure to pick up poo and place in litter as well. Some catch on and as my sister said it was easier to place blue puppy pads around her house. However her dog (chinese crested hairless did fabulous and picked up very easily) I was his baby sitter last winter and so I was the one potty training him, but she chose otherwise.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Puppy pads are said to have a scent that the dog can smell, and it is supposed to attract them to use the pad.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We use the cotton washable pee pads, plus they don't chew them up as bad.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
@ABEBD we bought ours from a vendor at the Houston dog show, don't remember his web site, but there are several places on the web that you can buy them from. The ones we use are white cotton with a blue backing. Look up Lenny Pads, we get the recycled pads, they are cleaned and are cheaper than the new ones. They last a long time too. The ones we have are over two years old.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
@ABEBD we bought ours from a vendor at the Houston dog show, don't remember his web site, but there are several places on the web that you can buy them from. The ones we use are white cotton with a blue backing. Look up Lenny Pads, we get the recycled pads, they are cleaned and are cheaper than the news ones. They last a long time too. The ones we have are over two years old.

Hi,
Thanks. I will look for those.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.