My bulldog is a bully

n2vintage

Nov 13, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
banjo
Hi all. First post. . And first english bulldog. ..I do have frenchies thou. My new girl Banjo is 6 months. She bullies my other dogs...
..she is growling all the time. . Not a "I'm going to bite you" growl. . More of a "you are not doing what I want" growl....keep petting me. ..or move that's my spot. ... she does ut ALL THE TIME. .. is this normal? Do I need to correct this... never had a dog do this. .....
She wants to like have the intire bed for herself.. she spends half the night growling at the other dogs to move. .. then she will bark at them. .. they ignore her most of the time.. but it's driving me nuts. ... please advise. .I need sleep[emoji5] ... oh and she is to cute for her own good. . That doesn't help. ..lol
6c59b824466f1ea7486d262fabeb6960.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
She is adorable, and unfortunately this can be normal behavior for bullies!!! Christine has given you some great advice… persistence is key. Good luck!!!

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Welcome and you have a beautiful baby. Mine tries to dominate by standing pretty much on top of the other dog with his head held up. He even stands over or on top of them. It took us a while to understand he was trying to dominate. He growls at me to play, not at the others but I have had to teach him not to bully or bother the others. No is the popular word and hush. Also no sir. Also persistence is key. Canelo is my first bully and he can be stubborn and strong willed but persistence pays off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,
In nature, the Alpha order is part of nature. We don't allow this type of behavior in our houses and animals. But it does exist. Co-existence is the moderation. Correcting behavior is not punishment, but rather positive reinforcement the opposite of unwanted behaviors. Re-directing attention along with the "nothing in life is free" can solve any problem with enough time. How much is enough? When it is done and resolved, that was how much time it took. How much time and energy did YOU put into the process to change? You need to be the ALPHA leader. Earn respect, NOT demand.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.