RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So, my boys fighting has escalated lately and Usko's behavour has gotten worse. I blame myself for spoiling him lately. He thinks now he's the king of the whole household. My kind and gentle boy has become a bully bully. He will attack Voitto without an apperent reason. My interpretation is that since I'm no longer the leader of the pack he has to be and fight for that position. That of course is not acceptable, so we have taken action to correct it.

It is called "the ice age". We are not paying attention to them at all. No talk, no touch, no eye contact....for two weeks or it can be less if they surrender totally sooner and I think they will (I hope they will, it's killing me too). It can be longer too if they keep trying to get attention. It's been two days and they look depressed, poor babies. They have no toys, no bones, no nothing. They get their food twice a day and 3 short walks on a leash. There will be no going back to my old ways eather. I will have to stay a leader so they don't have to fight. Sounds simple enough...
DSC_0083.jpgDSC_0086.jpgDSC_0114.jpgDSC_0360.jpgDSC_0442.jpgDSC_0567.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0754.jpg
    DSC_0754.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 150

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww I'm so sorry about the ICE AGE happening at your house. Honestly I don't even know how you have been able to keep your two males from killing each other, both sound like Type A's. Good job for staying the course w/the boys, hopefully they will get the hint soon and decide to become friendly again… Lol

Walter will NOT leave Roxie alone, and well she's not feeling herself at all. I feel like the damn warden all day long around here… Lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I must admit, I DO have a "favorite". I try not to be obvious,and be fair-but when the "favorite" senses it, she get a little too much attitude. Funny-I also use the "ice age!"
It usually works! Good luck [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] !

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I hope this works quickly, I'm sure it's no fun for anyone. How is it working so far? Please keep us posted, very interested on how this works.

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
I have a friend who has 9 male dogs, english and french bulldogs, and she has to keep them in four groups. I will not separate these two and I will not tolerate fighting. My house is not big enough and I'm convinced that this situation can be dealt with. I just can't be like I've been and give up to Usko's will. I've been giving him what he want's, when he want's it. He has stopped listening to me and started fighting with Voitto over the rule of the house. There's so many signs that I've lost power. When I come home they both go nuts and that that is not the way to greet the leader. They don't come when I ask and so on....my bad, no more.
Luckily they haven't started misbehaving. Dogs can start doing all kinds of bad things to get attention when on ice age, but luckly it seems that my boys are good in nature, I've just been slacking.
I'll keep you posted, keep your fingers crossed....

LP LP LP

Oct 31, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Fred
Stunning dogs, don't give in now how ever much it hurts. I'm sure things will get back to normality once you are reaffirmed as pack leader 👍

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh boy.... best of luck, I am sure they will fall back into place in no time. LOVE all the pictures

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh my...how difficult to do, you have my sympathy but also, my respect!
It's hard standing against bulldogs formidable will & ego but it must be
done for all concerned, especially these two wonderful boys <3

Sending prayers of courage, strength & stamina...please keep us updated!

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh man...I'm bored and lonely without my boys...:moping:

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
so am I understanding that these two bullies of yours are to bond as a pack being the lower dogs to you being an alpha. Like their no longer the "lets have fun dogs and do what you want dogs?Almost like don't eat until I say it is time to eat? What happens if they decide to fight? Do you then put a leash that attaches them together even more? Interesting but curious for sure.

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
I know that this type of training is controversial and also misunderstood. They're very much going to be lets have fun dogs. I will play with them and have fun with them and they will get my full attention, when I deside. In my opinion this is not the way for a lazy owner. To have happy dogs you need to spend time with them and give them your full attention. The easy way to seddle fights is to keep them separate for the rest of their lives and continue not showing leadership.
We have come to this because of my lack of leadership lately. I have given in to my older boys will and he now thinks he needs be the master of the house. My younger boy will be two, tomorrow as a matter of fact, and since I'm not the leader they have to fight for the position. In my opinion people humanize their dogs too much, they will get the picture better if you speak "dog" to them. The leader says when to play and yes, when to eat. Really, it's more training me, they already know how to be dogs.

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
I enjoy reading your post simply because they do make so much sense to me. A few of the other dog people from here also speak somewhat similar to you as well. One thing I like is how you take ownership of accountability here for your part of lack of. Well I would wish you luck but it doesn't sound as though you need it since you already know what it is your doing. So much better than reading a book and trying to understand how this works. By the way your photos taken of your two are beautiful dogs.

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for your encouraging words, but some luck never hurts...

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Happy birthday to the little one and best wishes to all of you! Do you see any effect yet? Is the aim only to re-establish you as the leader or will it affect the relation between the dogs too (i.e., will Usko stop fighting Voitto when he sees you as the leader or because something happens in the relation between the dogs in the process too)?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.