Thread: Any tips to stop bum sniffing/humping?

Real Name
    Carrie
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella
    Likes (Received)

Default Any tips to stop bum sniffing/humping?

Our Foster boy Charlie will not leave my dog alone. He constantly has his nose in her bum or is humping her. Stella is a shy girl. She has growled and snapped at him, but nothing works. I have tried redirecting him with toys, shaking a pill bottle and using a water spritzer. None of these things have worked. My poor Stella is at her wits end. She wants to do nothing but hide in her crate for safety. Any tips or help you can offer is much needed and appreciated!

When we are home Charlie will not go in his crate or a gated off area. He barks and whines non stop. He wants to be with us constantly. It's not fair for my dog to be so afraid and in the crate all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Any tips to stop bum sniffing/humping?

Gosh I'm so sorry… I have a 10 mos old male pup, and a 10 year old boxer. Wally will sniff and try to hump Roxie, but I can redirect him most of the time… or Roxie lets him have it. Since nothing seems to work w/him, have you thought about putting him in a harness on a long leash when he's out loose?!! That way you can give him a tug when he starts up… maybe this would help him get the hint. I will tag some behavior experts to see what they advice...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Any tips to stop bum sniffing/humping?

I don't have any advice, but I know the frustration, Vegas was a humper up until about the age of 4 no matter what I did. And he was neutered. When we had guest over I would have to keep him on a leash because he loved to "greet" all that entered by humping them.

Remove Ads