Any tips to stop bum sniffing/humping?

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Our Foster boy Charlie will not leave my dog alone. He constantly has his nose in her bum or is humping her. Stella is a shy girl. She has growled and snapped at him, but nothing works. I have tried redirecting him with toys, shaking a pill bottle and using a water spritzer. None of these things have worked. My poor Stella is at her wits end. She wants to do nothing but hide in her crate for safety. Any tips or help you can offer is much needed and appreciated!

When we are home Charlie will not go in his crate or a gated off area. He barks and whines non stop. He wants to be with us constantly. It's not fair for my dog to be so afraid and in the crate all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Gosh I'm so sorry… I have a 10 mos old male pup, and a 10 year old boxer. Wally will sniff and try to hump Roxie, but I can redirect him most of the time… or Roxie lets him have it. Since nothing seems to work w/him, have you thought about putting him in a harness on a long leash when he's out loose?!! That way you can give him a tug when he starts up… maybe this would help him get the hint. I will tag some behavior experts to see what they advice...

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I don't have any advice, but I know the frustration, Vegas was a humper up until about the age of 4 no matter what I did. And he was neutered. When we had guest over I would have to keep him on a leash because he loved to "greet" all that entered by humping them. :(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.