OP
C

cmedeiros17

Nov 6, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatima
So basically a little update on Miss Fatima. She IS barking for attention little brat. And she hates being in the crate and will bark incessantly to get out. We have resorted to putting her dog bed in the crate at night and leaving the door open so she can come and go as wanted. This seems the only way to stop the barking :( I am wearing ear plugs to help cover the nails clicking/clacking on the floor. At least I am getting some sleep!! We also now know that she can hear. She loves squeaky toys. Her ears perk up at the sounds! Too cute. Apparently before she was just so stubborn and great at ignoring us.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So basically a little update on Miss Fatima. She IS barking for attention little brat. And she hates being in the crate and will bark incessantly to get out. We have resorted to putting her dog bed in the crate at night and leaving the door open so she can come and go as wanted. This seems the only way to stop the barking :( I am wearing ear plugs to help cover the nails clicking/clacking on the floor. At least I am getting some sleep!! We also now know that she can hear. She loves squeaky toys. Her ears perk up at the sounds! Too cute. Apparently before she was just so stubborn and great at ignoring us.

They are brutal that this stage.... keep on her

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Update,
Yes, crate training an older dog takes MUCH more time than when a puppy. An older dog has learned the "freedom" associated from not being in a crate and get upset when that freedom is taken away. You are on the right track of allowing her to go into and out of the crate as she wants too. This way she does not see it as a punishment. You can continue this process and "put" her in the crate, close the door, give LOTS, Lots, LOTS of praise....and then let her out quickly before she gets upset or starts to bark. Continue this process and increase the amount of time.

Also continue to "ignore" any barking that she does for attention. Easier in the day time than at night, yes.

Good Training~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.