Help Needed! my little bully being a little bully!

TayLinne

Oct 19, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
loulou
We could use some training tips for our LouLou. Shes roughly 10 weeks old now, and her new thing is to growl and bark at you when you walk by! She has TONS of toys around so shes definitely not under stimulated, so has anyone else had to stop this behavior from a bully puppy? We want to get rid of that behaviour now while shes still a baby!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Is she trying to get your attention? I don't think a ten-week-old pup needs to be corrected, but perhaps you could direct her attention to something else? After all, she's just a little baby and she is trying to get to know world around her. When Castor was that young, we spent most, if not all, time very close to him. I don't remember him playing alone with any toys at that age. Good luck with LouLou!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She's just wanting to play, it's normal, so get down and play for a little while. :)

OP
T

TayLinne

Oct 19, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
loulou
I really dont think its attention based, she gets all the attention in the world in this house! I know rough play for puppies is normal but she jist wont stop biting and shell growl and snarl at your feet when you walk by and even when you give her toys to distract her she goes at it again! We know shes just playing like she wouldve with her siblings but wr dont want play to turn into real aggression

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When growls or tries to bite continue to redirect to toys.... Use the training technique 'nothing in life is free' will help you with teaching her direction and wanted behavior.

But It does seem to be normal puppy play, as you stated

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
My baby still does it. He just wants attention so I'm guessing it's the same for your girl. Other times he wants his space so I leave the room for awhile. Maybe LouLou wants some time alone?

Bentley014

Oct 26, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
My 4 months old Bentley bites your feet or tugs at the bottom of your trousers if i,am talking on the phone.He is ok if I stroke him while talking on the phone. I quess he just wants my attension that's Bull dogs for you :)

mackbob

Sep 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bob (Bobman)
My guy was a growling machine at that age. Doesn't mean she's aggressive at all or that it's something she'll continue! She's just being an obnoxious puppy!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.