suggestions

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
My girl has a terrible habit of urinating on her bed. She is almost 3 and the only time she urinates in the house is on "her" bed. It doesn't matter if it is a blanket, dog bed, pillow, whatever it is that belongs to her in the form of sleeping and or just laying on. Out of the clear blue she will urinate on and just lay right back down as though nothing happened. She never ever urinates on anything unless it has to do with something soft that is hers. She is not my first bully but she is the only animal in the house and it is just me outside of that. She free feeds and does not have to be kenneled when I am gone as she is left out but is not allowed to go onto the carpet area of our home where carpet exist for reasons of her deciding it is okay to urinate when she feels like it. As long as she doesn't have something soft she will stay completely dry all day everyday. But she is taken out regularly. Even before I leave to go someplace. I have never been able to understand this part of her and in all fairness to both her and I, I am very observant to her and believe I have really taken the time and patience to learn about my girl. When I come back from leaving she knows that she has done something because she has a guilty look on her face which alerts me to the obvious of her urinating on her bed. I just walk over and pick it up and say to her "did you pee on your bed",which is said in a normal voice because I have learned to read her when it comes to this? She then walks away goes into her cage which is open and lays in their on the tray of it and doesn't like it either. So off to the washing machine I go but just can't wrap my head around why she does this. I have owned her since a puppy and she knows she means the world to me and is very spoiled but also very well behaved and praised for all she does. She is a great dog and I have never owned such awesomeness. I guess I would just like others input on something I may be doing wrong or possibly ideas of how to prevent this. I don't want her to not have her comfy spot but I would just like to understand this part of her more. She doesn't have a UTI because like I said she only will urinate on her soft bedding but this also isn't an all day thing either when it comes to her soft bedding things, like I said she goes outside potty everyday all day long and I witness her urinating as well, and I take note of the color and everything. Her flow is good but I know that when I put her soft bedding down she will soon enough urinate on it and lay back down because it has gone and soaked through it so then it is only damp to her at this point. I have gone to the point of putting a diaper on her which she could care less and she will even urinate in that if she so chooses, same as my own bed which I had to learn about. That is so weird to me. Limiting her only to the areas of ceramic tiles for reasons of knowing she won't urinate drives me crazy. She is very healthy and knows she is loved dearly by me but maybe I am doing something wrong or maybe she is just being lazy or possibly just to spoiled which my son says she is. Suggestions, ideas would certainly be welcome and thank you in advance. She is not my first female bully either, just my first female bully who does this. Sometimes I think Boo boo butt just chooses to urinate because she knows I will pick it up and wash it again. It can't also be from the smell of her urine lingering on her bedding even after the wash because I spend lots of money on her new bedding and she will do this even to the brand new bedding just out of the package. I apologize for such a lengthy post also.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Some dogs just can not be on bedding... [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] uses a crate pad that is soft but usable for this situation....

OP
boo boo butts mom

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
when you say crate that is soft but usable, what does that mean? He doesn't put a blanket or pillow in it but what is the padding? Her cage just has the tray in it but she doesn't go in the cage for any reason outside of getting a toy or for obvious reasons of my post, the urinating, which she goes in their on her own almost in her own way of saying look what I have done. I wonder if leaving her water out all day is the reason, I have always left it out along with her food. I have never picked it up because I always thought she should have access to it always. I am kind of OCD with her when it comes to every little detail of knowing what she has eaten and or drank and and results of both. Lol I hate the idea of having to possibly take her things from her that she is so use to having. I am a stay at home mom to her so I am not sure I can get myself to do this without always wondering if she is so sad from missing her comfy spots, she doesn't have to deal with the actual floor for to long when I leave because she has always had her comfy spot to also lay on if she wanted. She does have a way with me for sure. I would like to know more about this crate with soft bedding? Thank you

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
The pads @Davidh uses are waterproof-so you just have to wipe them off. They also have some on Jeffers website that are called Prison beds.@boo boo butts mom

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is marking her bed. A lot of them do this. I would not withhold water from her. Always keep water available 24/7. We use Primo Vinyl Crate pads. They a not very soft but are better than laying on the hard crate pan, and fit the crate bottom.

OP
boo boo butts mom

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
Almost 3 an never withheld water or food ever. Just wasn't sure why she does this. I have been dealing with this for almost 3 years and never have understood it. At first thought it was puppy training but now still does it always made me wonder. If she has been marking her scent then who is she telling this to, me? She is an only child lol outside of an occasional howling session I get her to do hahah. I don't want her bed lol or any of her other slobbery things. I am going to check on the pads, thank you so much. I am the alpha of the home so she knows her place.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Almost 3 an never withheld water or food ever. Just wasn't sure why she does this. I have been dealing with this for almost 3 years and never have understood it. At first thought it was puppy training but now still does it always made me wonder. If she has been marking her scent then who is she telling this to, me? She is an only child lol outside of an occasional howling session I get her to do hahah. I don't want her bed lol or any of her other slobbery things. I am going to check on the pads, thank you so much. I am the alpha of the home so she knows her place.

sometimes, there isn't an explaination... they just feel the need to do it. My two have two crate pads and when I come home from work... they are pushed in the corner and they are sound asleep on the tray?? Banks actually has free roam of the bedroomand can sleep anywhere she wants... still on the crate tray most days

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Boo Boos Mom, I don't have any experience with this problem, but I know you're not the only one who experiences this with their bully, I've read many other members who go through the same thing. Many Bullies do this and I'm not sue eif it's because they are marking their bedding, or if it's just the sensation of the bedding that makes them go, because the ones who do it seem to do it on other soft articles like pillows, carpets, and soft padding. I know it seems cruel or that it would be uncomfortable for her to sleep on the floor, or on the crate tray, but sometimes that is the only way to stop the peeing. My two hpguys sleep on the floors, or on the crate tree, but for different reasons, they eat textiles, anything that is soft, they can't have pillows, blankets, pads, soft toys, or stuffed toys, because they chew them and swallow the pieces. My male Bulldozer also loves to eat items of clothing, with sweat socks being his favourite snack, he also eats paper towel, napkins, dish cloths, and towels if given the chance, so he has to watched lie, a hawk, and can't have any access to these things. I feel bad sometimes because they are sleeping on the tray, and wish I could give something soft and cozy to sleep on. Does Boo Boo do this when you are present as well, or only when she is alone? Maybe you could take the bedding away for a while and see if the behaviour stops, as maybe she has been doing this for so long, and she's used to doing it.
If the bedding isn't there anymore, maybe she will stop.

OP
boo boo butts mom

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
Wow your dog eat many types of things. No she will not do this if she is on ceramic tiles, has always decided to at some point and time to pee on items of hers or so I thought because the items she would urinate on where hers so . The time she peed on my bed I was actually watching over her due to her being sick at that time. That made sense to me at that time. But she will do it if I am here or not when she does do it. This occurrence only happens once in a while but it is the point of like I said not making any sense. I also thought the same thing when it comes to her age and basically how long she has done this. I guess I am happy that the items she pees on are hers and I have control over the rest of the house such as carpeting, bed which are mine. She has many rooms that she is allowed to hang out in but again they are ceramic tile rooms. I guess I have to think about this cause it kind of makes me sad in a funny though. Thank you for the suggestion also.

Tuneybuster

Oct 7, 2014
My Tuney would pee on a bed if she didn't want to sleep in a particular area. For instance she usually sleeps with my daughter. One weekend my daughter spent the night at a friends so I had her stay with me in the guest bedroom. She didn't want to be in the guest room so she peed on the bed. There were a couple of these situations when I finally figured it out. I just let her choose where she slept ( she chose a chair in the front room) never had the problem again. She is stubborn and wants what she wants.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.