Can anyone relate?

Owens

Jun 16, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Zeus is right around a year and a half old he had always done really good with potty training but recently seems like he's started to regress almost on potty training. One big thing that he has never done even when he was just weeks old is he will pee in his kennel at night,even did it twice last night. Just wondering if anyone has delt with anything like this, I will say he did recently have surgery to fix some stones in his bladder but if anything those kept him peeing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sometimes they do just regress for the sake of regressing.... go back to basics with training and a schedule

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/Christine… sometimes they just decide they forget about potty training. Back to the basics…

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If he's had stones in the past and is now peeing at times he normally wouldn't, I would get him checked for a UTI.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I too think you should have him checked for anything related to the bladder stones; that would sound like the "culprit" to me as far as him peeing in the crate. Tho I can relate b/c sometimes Finn will pee in his crate but it's usually if i'm late coming home and he's been in his crate over the usual length of time he's used to.

OP
Owens

Owens

Jun 16, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Yeah throughout the day of im home he never pews inside and always goes by the door to let me know,it is pretty often that he goes,at night in his kennel is the only time he has problems

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
His bladder may not be completely healed and he may not be able to hold it all night, as he used to. If the surgery was fairly recent.

OP
Owens

Owens

Jun 16, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Yeah I'm just thinking that's what it is or atleast I hope because I can't get getting up in the middle of the night for much longer.

Members online

No members online now.