How to get 2 bully females to be friends? Is it possible?

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
My friend and I want to be able to spend more than a few hours together but we're afraid to bring our girls together. Faith is a 3 year old pittie mix who is fixed. Daisy isnt. And she likes some female dogs but not all. And normally Faith doesn't like any females. Any ideas on getting them together? Is it possible? ?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would never let Buster around a Pit ever. Just my opinion.

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Oh no! Really? Faith is a total lover of people. Do English and Pitts not get along normally?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You say that Faith does not like female dogs. Daisy is particular about the ones she likes......does not sound like an ideal situation. If would be very leary about getting them together. I'd think long and hard about it. If ONE of them (especially the Piti) was friendly to other females-it might work. Sounds like a risky situation. You worked hard to get Sheena back-you don't want to lose her...........Faith is a lover of people-but Sheena is not people. There could be jealousy issues also. Just my thought. If you decide to do it-one should be on one side of a fence, and the other on the other side-see the reactions. Any thing should happen without fence-your dog would lose. Just my thoughts-I have dogs who are raised together and they still sometimes get in a fight over a toy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh no! Really? Faith is a total lover of people. Do English and Pitts not get along normally?

Breed has nothing to do with it... it is the owner and the particular dog's personality and behavior. I worked at a dog daycare for four years and some of the nastest dogs around weight less than 10 lbs.

There is a slight chance they would be OK, but I would not risk it. My vet alwasy says to me, some of the worst damage he has seen done is between two females. If you are set on trying it, it is best to meet somewhere neutral and go for a walk without the girls being next to each other. What I mean is, dog/human/human/dog while walking... this way they do not interact and you all just walk..... do this several times and then do as Lynn suggests with the pups being able to see/smell each other but not touch or get to one another. It will be a long hard road to have them be together in the same area based on your description of the personalites - it actually may not happen at all. Two females, in my opinion, with these personalites need a VERY stronger leader to ensure they know their place and do not attck each other.

Banks is like this and I would never have her around another female, it is just not worth the risk. As a younger gal at day care 3x a week she was fine due to all the workers being strong leaders, but once she got to be about 4 yrs old... any females in range was on her hit list. No more daycare after that.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sorry [MENTION=8883]Sheena[/MENTION]-I meant Daisy in my above post. One thing I used to do when introducing a dog with another dog(though they were not "female aggressive") I went to visit my sister and it was the first time our Dobermans were meeting.They were both females. We were in the back yard and each had our dog(both female dobies) on a leash. They were getting a little agressive toward each other when we got close. It occurred to me that they might be protecting their owner. I suggested to my sis that we switch dogs-so they would not be in protection mode. That worked great for us, they became friends, we let them loose in the yard, and they and all the other dogs got along.
But your main problem is that you know both are already female aggressive.When they already have that mindset, as [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] said it may never happen.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.