Help Needed! Dog aggressive

Helenh

May 31, 2014
Abergele north wales
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi everyone by bulldog Bella has been spayed on Monday but tonight she has been aggressive and biting us really hard very viciously 😰 and nothing seems to help her it is quite scary actually as she is so strong and I would hate her to really hurt one of us 😞😞. I must say though tonight is thundering and there is lightning with it she seems very restless and anxious it is very worrying 😪
has anyone got any advice for me
many thanks
Helen 😊

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She have been in pain for the procedure.... is she on any meds? Now that the storm has passed is she any better?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I was thinking same thing -she still might be in pain
Can you give me an example of a situation when she bites so i can better understand whats going on?

OP
Helenh

Helenh

May 31, 2014
Abergele north wales
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi it's as if she wants attention all the time when we play with her she seems to get really aggressive and jumps and snaps at you and really grabs you really hard . Yes she is still on her pain killer and her antibiotics .

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
You need to teach her to drop ( it worked much better for us than stop lol) but if your bully knows and reacts to no then you are in the luck
Lilly sometimes get over exited and rather than her toys she will grab or chew on our hand -but this isnt done aggressively in my case its just over exited bully

As a suggestion, this is what I would do: firstly, I would refrain from playing any kind of power games, such as tug of war, with her -if your hubby does it and replace those games with some simple obedience exercises -huts to refresh your dog memory ;-) as well as reaching something new .It shapes the dog's behaviour in a positive, reward based way. Good fun, and whilst it teaches the dog various commands in a positive playful way,. And as both of you will be in charge of the treats - it will strengthen her attention, respect and focus for both of you
Why im asking -is because -behind every thing they do its a motive -you need to learn to spot the trigger what makes her snap
And if shes getting to "frisky" stop all the play time - give her time to calm down -and then resume it-reward positive behaviour with treat while when she does snap -take her toys and stop -say no ! - you need to use some kind of command before taking off and leavening

As shes still on the meds i wouldn't rule her behaviour out as a possible cause -dogs have high pain threshold -but be dont have really a idea if they arent in pain neither xx

OP
Helenh

Helenh

May 31, 2014
Abergele north wales
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thank you this is really helpful and I think you could be right she is probably getting a bit over excited and that's why she is grabbing us with her mouth . I will try these things ����������

many thanks
take care
helen ��x

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
You are very welcome xx any questions you might have -please dont hesitate to ask xx

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.