Thread: Why is he being such a bully? :-/

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Default Why is he being such a bully? :-/

Chubbs is starting to show some kind of aggression. He isn't neutered yet (too young.) Most of the time he just wants attention (because he gets none what-so-ever, jk, lol), come onto the couch or go out. However, the other percentage we have no clue why he's acting out ie. jumping up/at us, nipping, biting clothing & not letting go. He has such sharp teeth & a strong bite. Any ideas?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leo & Lola
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Why is he being such a bully? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by binxrexchubbs View Post
    Chubbs is starting to show some kind of aggression. He isn't neutered yet (too young.) Most of the time he just wants attention (because he gets none what-so-ever, jk, lol), come onto the couch or go out. However, the other percentage we have no clue why he's acting out ie. jumping up/at us, nipping, biting clothing & not letting go. He has such sharp teeth & a strong bite. Any ideas?
    If he is under a year old than it sounds like normal puppy behavior to me. Lola used to do the same until we got Leo and then she directed her attention to pummeling him and he did likewise. They had great fun! I know what you mean about the sharp puppy teeth. Try to redirect his attention with a squeaky toy when he takes an aim at you. It will pass as he gets older.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

agreed ... sounds like he wants to play. Redirect the biting and give a firm 'NO' when he does it, that is not something you want him thinking is OK.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Opie
    Likes (Received)

Opie was like this the first month and it was so frustrating, and made me very sad. My arms actually got to the point they were all cut up from his teeth and black and blue from his biting down so hard. It was very rough for me. But it seemed as if over night he snapped out of it and he is much gentler now and understands what no means.

Remove Ads