Why is he being such a bully? :-/

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Chubbs is starting to show some kind of aggression. He isn't neutered yet (too young.) Most of the time he just wants attention (because he gets none what-so-ever, jk, lol), come onto the couch or go out. However, the other percentage we have no clue why he's acting out ie. jumping up/at us, nipping, biting clothing & not letting go. He has such sharp teeth & a strong bite. Any ideas?

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Chubbs is starting to show some kind of aggression. He isn't neutered yet (too young.) Most of the time he just wants attention (because he gets none what-so-ever, jk, lol), come onto the couch or go out. However, the other percentage we have no clue why he's acting out ie. jumping up/at us, nipping, biting clothing & not letting go. He has such sharp teeth & a strong bite. Any ideas?
If he is under a year old than it sounds like normal puppy behavior to me. Lola used to do the same until we got Leo and then she directed her attention to pummeling him and he did likewise. They had great fun! I know what you mean about the sharp puppy teeth. Try to redirect his attention with a squeaky toy when he takes an aim at you. It will pass as he gets older.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agreed ... sounds like he wants to play. Redirect the biting and give a firm 'NO' when he does it, that is not something you want him thinking is OK.

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Opie was like this the first month and it was so frustrating, and made me very sad. My arms actually got to the point they were all cut up from his teeth and black and blue from his biting down so hard. It was very rough for me. But it seemed as if over night he snapped out of it and he is much gentler now and understands what no means.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online