What's with the sniffing??

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] lol so it's a manly thing! Mine would even lift the other dog's leg with his face just to get to the best part!

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Holly does the same thing, shes a hardcore sniffer. As mentioned earlier some dogs dont like the up close n personal sniffing and react harshly. Part of the reason we have stopped going to parks. I feel bad because Holly is a social butterfly thats super friendly...when shes not sniffing the other person/dog to death. Holly is 2 1/2 yrs old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sophatp

Feb 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leonidas
Leo is the happiest go lucky dog. This gets him into trouble as he means no harm to any dog, but he loves to sniff. He gets his head right into other dogs privates and sniffs and sniffs, and licks. It's a little embarrassing, as he really won't stop until the other dogs have had enough and runs or snaps at him, to stop. He recently started to hump other dogs at the dog park too. And lifting his leg to pee. I didn't think he even knew how to lift his leg. Oh man, I've got my hands full with him at the park now. [emoji85]

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I feel bad for you guys but glad to hear it's not just mine..lol..

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus loves a good sniff, and a lick.....or fifty. I have tried to tell him no and make sure he doesn't get up under other dogs, but he does it to almost all new dogs. Sometimes he only does it for a second, but other times he seems like he is enjoying himself so much, I'm not sure what to make of it. Some other dogs don't seem to mind, a few get angry, and some, well some lift their leg for more. The worst part is Ruckus doesn't realize when other dogs are angry about it. Dogs growling at him isn't really a deterrent. I have to watch him at the park and redirect him if he's being too annoying. He doesn't do it as much with dogs he has met several times. Ruckus isn't neutered either. I'm not sure if that is the cause, but I don't think so. I met someone else at the park who has a different breed and their dog is neutered and he still loves to get up under all the other dogs. Ruckus is 1.5 years old, maybe it's a puppy/teenager thing like people are saying? Let me know if they don't do it as much after the neutering, I'd be interested to hear!

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Omg Barkley does this too!! Every time we go to the dog park he has to sniff/lick every dog he meets for soooo long. It gets him in trouble too since some dogs don't like it. I always figured it might be because of their smushed in faces...that maybe they can't get that good of a sniff as other dogs so it takes them longer?! Haha. Who knows!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.