Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What's with the sniffing??

@dieMuttivonBifi hmm.. how old is Bifi?

Blue's going to be two in December, and Wellie is 13 months. Wellie is teenager so maybe that's it. But at almost two, is Blue still considered a teenager? lol..

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

@Blueberrys Mom Bifi is one year and 5 months old. I read that dogs are puppies from birth to 6-8 months old, teenagers till 3 then adult from 3 years old and onwards. So if those are correct, our boys are all teenagers! Guess they have a valid excuse to be naughty . Do your boys mind if they were the ones being sniffed? Bifi, in two different occasions, didn't let the dogs sniff his behind. And again i don't know if i should've corrected that? Maybe i should've?

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

You know it's funny… Bella wasn't a BIG sniffer, but boy Winston was and so is Walter. I think maybe it's a MALE bulldog thing… Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

@ddnene lol so it's a manly thing! Mine would even lift the other dog's leg with his face just to get to the best part!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dieMuttivonBifi View Post
    @ddnene lol so it's a manly thing! Mine would even lift the other dog's leg with his face just to get to the best part!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member HTX Bully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Holly
    Likes (Received)

Holly does the same thing, shes a hardcore sniffer. As mentioned earlier some dogs dont like the up close n personal sniffing and react harshly. Part of the reason we have stopped going to parks. I feel bad because Holly is a social butterfly thats super friendly...when shes not sniffing the other person/dog to death. Holly is 2 1/2 yrs old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leonidas
    Likes (Received)

Leo is the happiest go lucky dog. This gets him into trouble as he means no harm to any dog, but he loves to sniff. He gets his head right into other dogs privates and sniffs and sniffs, and licks. It's a little embarrassing, as he really won't stop until the other dogs have had enough and runs or snaps at him, to stop. He recently started to hump other dogs at the dog park too. And lifting his leg to pee. I didn't think he even knew how to lift his leg. Oh man, I've got my hands full with him at the park now.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I feel bad for you guys but glad to hear it's not just mine..lol..

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Ruckus loves a good sniff, and a lick.....or fifty. I have tried to tell him no and make sure he doesn't get up under other dogs, but he does it to almost all new dogs. Sometimes he only does it for a second, but other times he seems like he is enjoying himself so much, I'm not sure what to make of it. Some other dogs don't seem to mind, a few get angry, and some, well some lift their leg for more. The worst part is Ruckus doesn't realize when other dogs are angry about it. Dogs growling at him isn't really a deterrent. I have to watch him at the park and redirect him if he's being too annoying. He doesn't do it as much with dogs he has met several times. Ruckus isn't neutered either. I'm not sure if that is the cause, but I don't think so. I met someone else at the park who has a different breed and their dog is neutered and he still loves to get up under all the other dogs. Ruckus is 1.5 years old, maybe it's a puppy/teenager thing like people are saying? Let me know if they don't do it as much after the neutering, I'd be interested to hear!

Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)

Omg Barkley does this too!! Every time we go to the dog park he has to sniff/lick every dog he meets for soooo long. It gets him in trouble too since some dogs don't like it. I always figured it might be because of their smushed in faces...that maybe they can't get that good of a sniff as other dogs so it takes them longer?! Haha. Who knows!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads