General Question long roadtrip

Chubby Cheeks

Sep 30, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby Cheeks
Any suggestions to keep my bullie from getting restless during a 4 hr road trip? FYI - We're travelling with another dog/his buddy.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Any suggestions to keep my bullie from getting restless during a 4 hr road trip? FYI - We're travelling with another dog/his buddy.

Frequent stops would be a good idea. Some toys for Chubby to play with. I just went on a 3hr trip w/the boys and they slept most of the way.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Chubby will most likely sleep the whole time. Unless, he is like my girl who HATES car rides, then he will just sit on the floor and pant. Try to plan for potty stops every 2 hrs and keep a water bowl handy for them

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola

We just did a 5 hour trip with both dogs and only stopped once for a pee break. I purchased a PetDek for the back seat and it was the best thing I ever did. I keep it in the car all the time now unless I have to put a person in the back seat. They stayed back there and slept for the entire trip, no problem. Here is a link:
http://www.amazon.com/PetDek-Cargo-...ie=UTF8&qid=1412112440&sr=8-1&keywords=petdek

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.