teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Sky (aka Stardust Iron Dome)
All,

I have a 3 mths old baby. I tried to crate him whole day and only let him out for play or food time (should i serve his food inside his crate?)

He is placed in an airconditioned room (due to humidity of my city).

When i took him out just now, he ran to pee on an old towel that i put inside the room. The towel is used to wiped his per if any. Which is great that means he knows where to pee. But why after he peed, he immediately lay down on the towel? He would also play with me but went back to lay down on the towel.

I have then moved him to his crate with hanging bottle water and a toy inside.

I dont know why is he laying down where he pees?

Thank you all

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I didn't crate Canelo except for night time to sleep or while we were at work, my niece would walk him during the day. At three months he was a terror. I would take him out right after eating, and minimum once an hour outside when home. He had a few accidents but learned quickly to potty outside. He also would use the restroom in his kennel and he didn't care, he would roll all in it so he got a daily bath. At about 6 months he got better, and at a year, no accidents, he does his biz outside.

I have a friend in Toronto that had a bully and he lived on the 11th floor, his bully was crated all day and would go as soon as he was let out of the kennel. With Canelo and my friends bully I think both took a while to recognize they had to go and would just go because they hadn't learned control.

As for laying on the towel, it may just be an adolescent thing. I called Canelo pigpen then and still do. He always seems to have flies follow him, lol. Be patient, patients will help a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
at 3 months... he can only hold his bladder for about 4 hrs, a guideline to help with training. as for laying on the towel... not sure, he could be 'claiming' it as his. Does he lay in his pee regardles of where he goes or just on the towel?

OP
teddokun

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Sky (aka Stardust Iron Dome)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]
Only at the towel after he peed on it. I think he wants to play.

I have been told to crate train your bully. Few question:
1. How long do you crate a bully a day?
2. I tool him out to play say for 15-20 mins every 3-4 hours. Is this enough?
3. The crate that i have is slightly higher than ground. How do i train the bully to go in and out by himself? He is afraid to take the leap out of the crate.

Thank you

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama
Only at the towel after he peed on it. I think he wants to play.

I have been told to crate train your bully. Few question:
1. How long do you crate a bully a day?
2. I tool him out to play say for 15-20 mins every 3-4 hours. Is this enough?
3. The crate that i have is slightly higher than ground. How do i train the bully to go in and out by himself? He is afraid to take the leap out of the crate.

Thank you

if she wants to play, then she will eventually just stop it. As for crating, I think what you are doing is fine.. as for getting in and out of crate... lure him with a treat and lotsof praise when he finally does it

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have a towel that I used for Jake when he was little. It was kind of his comfort "blanket". I used it to lined his kennel and for awhile, was contented with it until he started biting it. As he got bigger, he would pee on that towel and also lie down on it. I have stopped putting liners or towels or anything inside as he tends to pee if there is something inside his kennel.

Anyway, about 2 months ago, I bought a folding crate for travel. At first he was scared of it and wouldn't get inside...in fact, was barking at it. What I did was took his comfort towel and lined the new crate with it. The moment I was done, he just went ahead all happy in the crate. It was unbelievable. Now, I still keep that towel and use it to help him relax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online