Help Needed! Puppy teeth hurt

DozersMommy

Sep 18, 2014
Sherman Texas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
My new bully won't stop biting and chewing on me, my hair, my clothes my kids, and even snaps at my face! I have given lots of chew toys, which he seems to get bored with, I have sternly told him no over and over, I have yelped like a hurt dog lol! It's like he thinks I'm playing when I am trying to make him stop.. What else can I do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 139

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
You darn tootin. The boys used to wear out my arms. I get a long bully stick and each chew on opposite ends. I hold the middle. Spoiled maybe but the sticks work. They chew themselves out. When they get to where they almost chew a hunk off I cut off with scissors and pitch. You will also find a lot of baby teeth over time. Hang in there sister. It passes. You will make it.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Welcome to the puppyhood -most busy and exiting time but also most hurtful ;-)
I would suggest arming yourself with various chew toys with different texture -even soft toys (with no plastic eyes / noses tho) And offer toy each time puppy is biting you , when you play -and this occurs and you say no, offer a toy but pup is still insisting on chewing you -stop all play and walk away ignoring pup -he will soon realise that when hes chewing on what he shouldn't (you) all the good things and fun stop

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to the puppyhood -most busy and exiting time but also most hurtful ;-)
I would suggest arming yourself with various chew toys with different texture -even soft toys (with no plastic eyes / noses tho) And offer toy each time puppy is biting you , when you play -and this occurs and you say no, offer a toy but pup is still insisting on chewing you -stop all play and walk away ignoring pup -he will soon realise that when hes chewing on what he shouldn't (you) all the good things and fun stop

^^^^^agreed!

nataliaors

Sep 28, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annie
We have the same issue! Our pup is now 15 weeks old and she bites hard and snaps when we try to do something she doesn't like - like cleaning her face etc.. It is very frustrating. She is loosing her teeth and I hope it soon stops. We follow the same things as you do, firmly addressing it, but she doesn't seem to care

kirstyrebe

Sep 27, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
ronnie
He will soon stop even tho it feels for you it will be never ending. Ronnie was an ankle biter first thing in the morning and for the rest of the day, not what you want when you first open your eyes lol. He's 11 months now and finally given up quite some time ago. Stick in there with lots of toys and buy him a bone it will soon wear him out

DCL86

Dec 18, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harleigh
So happy to hear that there is light at the end of the tunnel! Mine latched on to the bottom of my pants today and wouldn't let go. Once she did, I had to roll up my pants into makeshift shorts! She thinks every time I take her out, its lets attack ankles time!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.