She is bullying me... :(

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
My baby Izzy has been acting weird towards me. I had to take a few business trip recently and left Izzy with a friend. In the past Izzy had no problem with me leaving town but this time something has changed. This time around after I picked her up she was hiding from me for the next 24 hours.... the next day she spent the entire day underneath my bed... in the dark... in the corner. I tried calling her.... she wanted nothing to do with me! Then eventually on Sunday she wanted to stay by me. But then yesterday I got home from the gym and she was in her crate...no greeting me at the door... no love for me:( when I pocked my head in her crate she turned her face away from me!!!! Why????? So sensitive.... is she PMSing? lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
She's being a Pita. Lol, she's sulking and ignoring her to let you know she's not happy that you left her. She'll come around. Our guys are so sensitive, and any change in their routine can throw them off. Does she like your friend? The only other thing I can think of is maybe she's not feeling well? Could she have eaten something at your friends house?, or could they have maybe fed her something she's not used to? I hope it nothing serious, and she's back to herself after being home for a couple of days. I have a parrot, Kiwi used to be so friendly, he was hand tamed, and then we went to Jamaica last year for a week. When I returned my bird would not let me pick him up, and he bites now. I was told that birds do this, they get pissed off when you leave them.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
She's probably thinking you might leave here with your friend again, and that's why she's staying in her crate or hiding.
Give it a week or so.. our bullies are very sensitive.. lol..

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Oh boy... I am traveling again next week..... she loves my friend. I even leave money for her favorite daycare and she goes there... it's not like I leave for days... only 3 days at a time. She is fed her regular food and keeps similar routine! She has no signs of being sick... I can tell is with me only because as soon as she sees anybody else she acts normal and happy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is it possible for your friend to stay with her at your home? See if there is any difference when you return? Bulldogs tend to be OCD and she is sort of letting you know she is not happy with you leaving and her not being in her home

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - I guess that could be a possibility but it would require some logistics. How about I just quit my job and become Izzy full time mommy!? :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama - I guess that could be a possibility but it would require some logistics. How about I just quit my job and become Izzy full time mommy!? :D

:up: i like that idea and I am sure she would too.... :giggle:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.