Puppy vomiting when anxious/scared?!

Bambi

May 24, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin
We have had Odin home with us for 2 weeks (he is 11 weeks old tomorrow), for the first 12 days were were both home with him all day everyday but now it is time to go back to work. While we were on vacation we would put him in his crate for various lengths of time to get him used to it. One of the first times we left him at home in his crate for about 2 hours when we got home he was barking/crying like crazy. We took him outside immediately to pee and he threw up a little bit of food...I figured this was from anxiety??? This has happened twice more over the two weeks and it is always when he has barked or cried for our attention (and to get out of his crate). Is this something you've ever heard of? He is otherwise eating/drinking/peeing/pooping/playing normally. Actually, twice when we left him in his crate he has had runny poop, again is this an anxiety issue?

He sleeps in his crate fine every night (in our bedroom), and we get up with him once or twice in the night to let him out to do his business. When we put him in his crate we give him a small treat (usually a small piece of fruit) so he associates his crate with something good and does not cry, or at least not until he has been in there for a couple hours.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
if he is normally fine when you are there... try placing a t-shirt or towel with your scent on it to help him settle. it does sound like he just, as all bullies are, wants to be with his human.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yeah sounds like some regurgitation from the whining and barking.

Since he has some runny poo and vomiting up a little food maybe try cutting back his food a tiny bit and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.