Other It's all about the little victories!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This morning I went to the grocery store and decided to only crate my sofa-chewing-Finn, and leave Tate out. I closed off most of the rooms except for the living/dining and bedroom where the crates are. Tate is so cute and he ran to the door as I left then peeked out the window to see what I was up to. I returned about 40 minutes later and there he was, sitting on the sofa so quietly, waiting for mommy. Such a good boy! :up:

After I put the groceries away, I wanted to go for a walk around the block. So, this time I let Finn out of his crate too. I made sure to spray the duct-tape-covered-sofa with plenty of Bitter Apple. Both of them were left to their own devices for about 15-20 minutes as I took my walk. I returned home and the sofa was still intact! no old duct tape was chewed off, no new spots were ripped apart.
Now I feel a teensy-weensy bit more confident that I can allow them out of their crates in small doses while I'm out of the house. I'm so proud of my boys :D:luv:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ah the little things! Baby steps, baby steps. Good job boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Good Boys Tater Bug and Finn Finn!! So proud of you!

Bulldogs rule...cats drool..."the Shelly Bean"

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I will leave baby O out for a couple hours here and there. Vegas always gets kenneled. His is for his own safety. I've watched them on the camera. They literally sleep all day. He is chewing your sofa out of boredom. I have NO qualms about putting either in their kennel (I actually typed sofa first) because I know they will be safe. Vegas has had seizures during the day (they are usually at night) and we've caught them on the monitor.....the amount of thrashing around can cause severe harm if he is left out and falls off the couch or runs into the glass.

Orion has been caught taking tissues out of the box. One after the other after another. She likes to pull stuff off the table and the couches. She likes to climb on top of the tables. These are a few reasons why they are both kenneled when we leave.

#orion
#no-no

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This morning I went to the grocery store and decided to only crate my sofa-chewing-Finn, and leave Tate out. I closed off most of the rooms except for the living/dining and bedroom where the crates are. Tate is so cute and he ran to the door as I left then peeked out the window to see what I was up to. I returned about 40 minutes later and there he was, sitting on the sofa so quietly, waiting for mommy. Such a good boy! :up:

After I put the groceries away, I wanted to go for a walk around the block. So, this time I let Finn out of his crate too. I made sure to spray the duct-tape-covered-sofa with plenty of Bitter Apple. Both of them were left to their own devices for about 15-20 minutes as I took my walk. I returned home and the sofa was still intact! no old duct tape was chewed off, no new spots were ripped apart.
Now I feel a teensy-weensy bit more confident that I can allow them out of their crates in small doses while I'm out of the house. I'm so proud of my boys :D:luv:

:jumping: AWESOME!!!!!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Totally LOVED watching all the Orion videos. Let's see...the adjectives that come to mind when I see Orion: FEISTY, DETERMINED, FEARLESS, and of course, ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! I liked how she was sitting on that table without a care in the world.

i totally agree that crating is needed for safety issues or when there's a health concern. Also, when I have workers come into the house, or when I want total peace of mind, i know I have to crate. My goal in the future though, and I don't know when this will be, is for the two of them to be content enough out of their crates to not create mischief and mayhem. I've been told to make sure Finn gets enough exercise and has lots of toys to play with and that will help him to not chew my sofa. But he's fixated on the sofa for some reason so i think there's some OCD/anxiety, definitely involved!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
LOL! She is awesome!! Her female soulmate lives in Spokane!!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Totally LOVED watching all the Orion videos. Let's see...the adjectives that come to mind when I see Orion: FEISTY, DETERMINED, FEARLESS, and of course, ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! I liked how she was sitting on that table without a care in the world.

i totally agree that crating is needed for safety issues or when there's a health concern. Also, when I have workers come into the house, or when I want total peace of mind, i know I have to crate. My goal in the future though, and I don't know when this will be, is for the two of them to be content enough out of their crates to not create mischief and mayhem. I've been told to make sure Finn gets enough exercise and has lots of toys to play with and that will help him to not chew my sofa. But he's fixated on the sofa for some reason so i think there's some OCD/anxiety, definitely involved!

This new camera I have is the drop cam. I'm a little upset that in order to record any movement I have to BUY icloud recording. But.....I can listen to them AND talk to them. So when/if I leave baby O running around I can check in with her. And yell at her if need be.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], what kind of drop cam do you have? i want one with audio where they can hear me talking to them. Is it easy to set up?

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], what kind of drop cam do you have? i want one with audio where they can hear me talking to them. Is it easy to set up?

It's very easy...I think it basically synced itself. We bought the one from the Verizon store....They are available online. They work with the iphone and android alike. There is a cellphone app and it's so easy to use. You have 3 options. You can live stream with no recording and that is free. Or you can purchase a 7 day continuous recording for $9.99 a month or $99.00 a year or a 30 day continuous recording for 29.99 a month or $299.00 a year. We bought the drop cam pro. 8x zoom and a 130 degree field of view.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
I really like orions "if i dont move, she won't see me" approach while on the kitchen table. :rofl:

Little steps are the best! I hope soon they will earn their way to be left out of the crate, with neither worries nor chewing!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww I'm so glad to hear the boys are doing better [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] … I can't even imagine spraying bitter apple on the duct tape, my dogs seem to LIKE the taste of that stuff!!! Lol
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] I just love the Baby O videos, especially the one where she is sitting on the table, and looking away from the camera… Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
baby steps Henny.... but as Cheryl pointed out, sometimes it is for there safety to do so.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
baby steps Henny.... but as Cheryl pointed out, sometimes it is for there safety to do so.

Or to just get a break and have a small piece of mind. I mean....who hasn't stolen a stinky bear off the table? Or pulled kleenex out of the box because you can. Or wait for the towels to be folded and yank the bottom one out in an attempt to see if the rest will remain folded. (I'm sure some of you have attempted this with a table cloth!!) These I'm sure are normal behaviors and not Orion trying to make a statement, right?

She gets such a bad rap. Her every little indiscretion is recorded and put on youtube for all to see.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Or to just get a break and have a small piece of mind. I mean....who hasn't stolen a stinky bear off the table? Or pulled kleenex out of the box because you can. Or wait for the towels to be folded and yank the bottom one out in an attempt to see if the rest will remain folded. (I'm sure some of you have attempted this with a table cloth!!) These I'm sure are normal behaviors and not Orion trying to make a statement, right?

She gets such a bad rap. Her every little indiscretion is recorded and put on youtube for all to see.

She is HIGHLY entertaining, to those she does not live with :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.