adolescence?

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
Agnes is one year and eight months old and suddenly in the last two weeks, my good girl has turned into a monster! I'm wondering if this is the dog adolescence period I've read about. Suddenly she's mouthy again, she's chewed 2 sandals, and she's constantly ringing her bell to go out when she doesn't actually need to potty. I've increased the length of her walks and started adding new skills to practice each day to our training regimen but nothing seems to help. She's just constantly looking for trouble! I also signed us up for another class that starts next week so we have some more guidance on training and a chance to practice around other dogs since she's an only child.

Did anyone else go through this? At what age? How long did it last? I just hope there's an end in sight!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It seems like mine will be so good for awhile-even when left home loose when I go to work. Then one day, I will come home-and it seems that their was an explosion of a dog bed or something similar!! Of course, each one points their paw at the other......They bite on each other-so not me-but I do think they take spells of "misbehaving!" at all ages. The youngest one rings her bell when all the others are sleeping, and she is bored!(even if she has just been out)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like a case of the terrible 2's starting a wee bit early! :w00t:

She'll get back to normal, just have get past this phase.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is her age... phase.... if you train, stay on her with it and she is pushing the envelope with you

OP
heavyblankets

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
Today just when I thought things were looking up, she peed on my floor while I was in the next room. She spends the entire week ringing her bell incessantly when she doesn't have to go then decides to pee on the floor while I'm home instead of telling me she needs to go out. It's like she is just a totally different dog. This is all so out of character! I'm beyond exasperated. :-( :-( :-(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Today just when I thought things were looking up, she peed on my floor while I was in the next room. She spends the entire week ringing her bell incessantly when she doesn't have to go then decides to pee on the floor while I'm home instead of telling me she needs to go out. It's like she is just a totally different dog. This is all so out of character! I'm beyond exasperated. :-( :-( :-(

Try using 'nothing in life is free' if you already are be sure everyone in the house is using it -- try to get her back on track. It is a phase they go through some longer than others,

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...85-Nothing-in-Life-is-Free-training-technique

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.