Help Needed! Any Information will be helpful

DonnaR

Sep 1, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutis
Hi my name is Donna and just yesterday we recused a English bull dog that we believe Is about a year or so old he is very sweet but has been left outside chained to an old broken down dog house. I have always wanted a bull dog but was scared of by all the health issues, he seems to be in good shape especially after he was cleaned up from the nasty smelly pup he was. He is not nurtured and that something I want to do right away because I have a 6 year old female boxer and Brutis keeps doing what male dogs do and she's fight with him nothing serious but I don't want to have problems. First after cleaning him up and removing a few ticks he is soft and beautiful and Soooo sweet but I need to get him the right food so he doesn't have trouble down the road. I did take him in to see if my he was chipped but he was not, as I said he sweet but very stubborn and I've heard you don't use the old stern tactic of old with this breed so any advice would be greatly appreciate.

Thank You, Newbe

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! Thank you for saving this boy, would love to see pictures!

If you click on "English Bulldog Info" on the navigation bar at the top you will be taken directly to many articles that will help you learn about food, health, and tons of information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thank you so much for giving this sweet boy a chance at a new loving life.

here are some links to info that will help you along...

training... will always work, just need more patience 'Nothing in Life is Free' will teach him that you control his food and he will listen and follow your lead.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...85-Nothing-in-Life-is-Free-training-technique

Food -- you want a high quality grain free and chicken free food.. a lot of bullies have issues with grains and chicken so it is good to try and stay away from them

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?219-Dog-Food-Ratings

best of luck and be sure to check out the page Lisa mentioned, there is a lot of great information to be had

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=12717]DonnaR[/MENTION], looking forward to seeing some pictures of your boy, Brutis. He sounds like a big sweetie and thank you so much for saving him and giving him your heart and home!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.