ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene Tracey i have no advice for you but just want to say Wally must be so cute digging those holes lol. I find it cute because i would want Bifi to dig so make a video and share it here LOL.

Well maybe I should send Mr. Wally to Deutschland so he can dig a hole for YOU!!! Lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree try the long lead or fence off the holes.

I'm wondering if there is a way I could actually fence off the heads he seems to LOVE and still give the sprinkler room?!! :ponder:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm wondering if there is a way I could actually fence off the heads he seems to LOVE and still give the sprinkler room?!! :ponder:

Yes!! Get some chicken wire! I've done this when I plant new trees because the rabbits will chew on the stalk when they are young. It's so thin of a fence the sprinkler should still be able to do its job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
The only thing with putting up a fence is you aren't actually teaching him not to eat the sprinkler heads. We put a chicken wire fence all around our pond when we found out Frankie had an affinity for trying to jump into it instead of training him not to like we did for Brutus. Granted Brutus was a pup so he knew from the ground up not to mess with the pond, but now every time we try to take the fencing down he looks to jump. I'm not sure if at this point if we can train him to stay away. My advice would be to leash him and pull him back every time he goes for them. It will be hard on your for a while to have to go out with him, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Teach him "leave it." Get one of his fav treats, put it on the floor. When he goes for it, cover the treat with your hand or foot and say "leave it." If he does reward with a treat but not the one you used on the floor. This behavior modification will take a little time.
It worked for Jewel picking up and gnawing on twigs.
Wally, you better listen to mommy!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes!! Get some chicken wire! I've done this when I plant new trees because the rabbits will chew on the stalk when they are young. It's so thin of a fence the sprinkler should still be able to do its job.

:2thumbs: That's what I did with our French and he never bothered them again.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

How could I put it in the ground so that Mr. Wally wouldn't pull it up?!! My sprinkler heads pop-up to spray… I might have to poke a hole in them?!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Teach him "leave it." Get one of his fav treats, put it on the floor. When he goes for it, cover the treat with your hand or foot and say "leave it." If he does reward with a treat but not the one you used on the floor. This behavior modification will take a little time.
It worked for Jewel picking up and gnawing on twigs.
Wally, you better listen to mommy!

Hmm… that one MAY work. I will have to get a HIGH value treat for Mr. Wally… Thanks for the tip!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How could I put it in the ground so that Mr. Wally wouldn't pull it up?!! My sprinkler heads pop-up to spray… I might have to poke a hole in them?!!

I just used a wooden stake, or even a piece of rebar.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.