ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Walter has decided that he has to dig around EVERY sprinkler head in the back yard :stinkeye: At first it was ONLY a couple that he found irresistible, but late yesterday afternoon while watering my NEW trees I noticed that he's dug around a BUNCH OF THEM!!! :facepalm2: I don't know what to do… I filled the holes just last week, and now he's digging up the soft dirt. Any ideas on what I can do to keep him from digging around them?!! I'm at a loss here :yell:

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I was told to fill the holes with his feces or something they do not like the smell of sure hope Wally stays out of trouble for a bit - HUGS

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh Walter, mommy is teetering on the edge honey. Be a good boy. I'm not sure what to do though as my yard looks like a nuclear holocaust!!! Nothing is safe.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
When Bennie was a puppy he used to dig a little hole and then sit in it, lol, it was to cute to be angry about<3 I don't know what to do about digging, it's horrible when they start at one spot cos they will NOT leave it alone:(. I put big rocks where my non bulldog gang digs, it works but it doesn't look much better:tongue:.

BoldDeGuard

Aug 4, 2014
Montana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir BoldDeGuard
Lol my boy does too. Have you thought about putting some cinnamon in the holes? I bet that would do the trick.

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Your Wally sounds like my Walley-Bubba. :)
aka WALTER! when he's misbehaving :)
Mine always sits immediately now when I say WALTER! in a strong voice.
That's good, for both of us :)

ps
Maybe some good sized rocks (so he doesn't swallow them) around each sprinkler head would work better than dirt.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Just keep a close eye on him and even keep him on a leash if you have too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
him on a long lead and when he goes near them, correct him and step on the lead to stop him from going to them, if possible. Train him that it is not acceptable.

this is a tough one since you want him to play without a lead, but you need him to know he has a boundry

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse used to do this so we put something he did not like say the rake upside down over the holes and he soon stopped now he just rolls in the dry dust from where we have pulled trees out that he was cutting his heels on after kicking after peeing or poohing. Good Luck

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Tracey i have no advice for you but just want to say Wally must be so cute digging those holes lol. I find it cute because i would want Bifi to dig so make a video and share it here LOL.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] LOL Wally is sure keeping you on your toes :evil:, you had some advice so can't really add to it, but I sure hope he stops for you soon !!! I am sure he is too cute though :D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree try the long lead or fence off the holes.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Lol my boy does too. Have you thought about putting some cinnamon in the holes? I bet that would do the trick.

I have thought about that or putting red pepper flakes… not sure if that's a good idea either. He would probably LOVE it… Lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
put bricks around the trees?

I actually had the trees planted OUTSIDE the fence because I figured he would dig them up too… Lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.