Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baxter almost strangled himself just to lick a crotch. Whats with these dogs? :-/

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Baxter almost strangled himself just to lick a crotch. Whats with these dogs? :-/

I use the easy wall harness and it helped quite a lot. If Charley is truly he'll bent on pulling he will still do it, but far better! I like the idea of doing some training as soon as he thinks about pulling. Good idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bronson
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Baxter almost strangled himself just to lick a crotch. Whats with these dogs? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Mitchel View Post
    I use the easy wall harness and it helped quite a lot. If Charley is truly he'll bent on pulling he will still do it, but far better! I like the idea of doing some training as soon as he thinks about pulling. Good idea!

You must have head control especially with a strong willed dog. If you don't control the head, forget about the body. You could still use the harness with a leash and also do a thin looped rope leash for the head control. You could use this until the dog has gotten to a point of not choking himself.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)

I've never heard of head control. You're saying using both types of lashing at once?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads