Please help me!! Toilet training!!

Louanna1

Aug 12, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
charlie
Dear all,

i really need need some help. My bulldog is just over 6 months old. I have had him since he was 4 months. His toilet training is not improving and I am doing everything I am supposed to. We live in an apartment, but take charlie down to a grass area as soon as he wakes up, when I come home at lunch and straight away when I'm home at 5. Charlie is trained in a crate and will hold it all through the night with no problem. After 5pm, I take him down regularly, maybe every 30 -45 minutes and reward him each time he wees outside. He still wees inbetween in the house. When I catch him I poke him and shout no. It has been two months now and he is still weeing regularly in the house, maybe 3-4 times during the evening. I give him only ice cubes after 6 o'clock and if he drinks we immediately down stairs.
please please please help me!!! I am trying to be patient and think I am doing all the right things....

please help me! X

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
He is still a puppy with a small bladder. Your not really doing anything wrong training wise. Some bully's can take up to 8 months to potty train. From what what your saying your making small steps. You will have setbacks but hang in there
The only thing I will say if you baby needs water give it to them. It may actually help in the long run.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi Louanna, you may want to keep Charlie leashed to you while indoors so that he will be by your side and have less chance of peeing indoors as you'd be able to catch him in the act and carry him outside to finish his business. . Also, try not to get overly excited when he does pee inside; you mentioned that you shout NO and poke him. That might be scaring him more which could lead to some distrust issues. I learned that with my boy Finn who seemed to be regressing after I thought he was house trained. I would get excitable and yell NO to him but he just wanted to run away from me. Now I try to just calmly scoot him outside as quick as I can and praise him crazily when he pees outside. Also, make sure you have a very good CLEANER to clean up the scents left by Charlie. Something that is enzyme-based to actually get rid of the odor and not just "mask" it away.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Hang in there, it's true he still has a small bladder and sometimes he just can't hold it even if he really wants to. I agree about giving him water, please don't withhold it from him, it's not good for them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online