Laura D

Jul 28, 2014
Tenerife, canary islands, Spain
Country
Spain
Bulldog(s) Names
Leila
Dear bulldog lovers,
i have a question regarding my 6 month old bulldog Leila.
althougth I know snoring is extremely common in this breed I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to keep it to a minimum? Leila sleeps in our bedroom and I haven't slept now for 4 days! When she was smaller I used to lie her on her stomach which helped massively but now she won't stay like that for more than 30secs. Please help?! :ashamed:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
At a later age, you can have her palate and nares examined to see if she need them adjusted, but that still will only lessen it, but it will not stop it. As Phil suggested, you may need to sleep in separate rooms..... That will be an adjustment for her and she may need time to settle in so crying or barking may starts as Bulldogs are very attacked to their humans

good luck

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Its pretty normal to an extent....is she mouth breathing at all? Are her nostrils narrow?

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Good luck trying to get a bulldog not to snore!:no: It's probably right up there with trying to get them out of your bed once they've started sleeping with you. I speak from experience. My husband decided to get our first bully, Daisy, out of our bed. We'd put her in our son's room and shut the door, thinking she'd get in bed with him--but no! She sat at the door and actually howled until my son woke up and put her back in our room or we relented and let her get her way. She won those battles and the war! She could howl for hours and would never give up. Well, looking on the bright side, you will eventually get used to the snoring and it will be a comforting sound and you will probably not be able to sleep without it!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue doesn't snore, but he had his palate done. Wellie's an extreme snorer. He's getting his palate/nares done on the 17th.

Like others have said, it could be a palate/nare issue which is quite normal for bulldogs to have. You can have it checked, or just learn to enjoy those snores! lol..

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea only snores if she is really tired or if she is sleeping on her back. To be honest for me her snoring actully helps me sleep when she does it.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It is very comforting to me.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I like hearing Goob snore when he sleeps...sometimes he will paw at me to "ask me" if he can lay his head on my lap/stomach...then he snores in my face all night long! It's cute!:yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.