Aggression towards child

Stephanie Minerly

Jul 25, 2014
We've recently adopted a two year old neutered male into our home about 3 months ago. He has a wonderful personality and is usually very sweet. We have 5 children in our home the oldest is 18 and the youngest is a year and half. He's had no problem with any of the children and seems to be very protective of the baby, however in the last two weeks he has become aggressive towards my seven year old son. He will jump at him unexpectedly and snap at him, my son is becoming afraid of being around him. He does not do that with anyone else in the home. I have watched my son to make sure he is not doing anything to provoke him or hurt the dog but he normally is just doing his seven year old stuff, i.e, playing video games or playing with his sisters. I am not sure what I should do, I would hate to remove the dog from our home.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is trying to become aloha over your son... Have your son feed him so the bulldog knows your son controls his food. There is a thread in the training section... Nothing in life is free have the whole family follow this and your son control meals--- this all happen in my sisters house and the helped a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

Stephanie Minerly

Jul 25, 2014
He is trying to become aloha over your son... Have your son feed him so the bulldog knows your son controls his food. There is a thread in the training section... Nothing in life is free have the whole family follow this and your son control meals--- this all happen in my sisters house and the helped a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, we are having my son feed him and take him outside when he has to go. I appreciate your advice!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] has hit the nail on the head. When you have your son feed him, for the first few weeks have your son hand feed him, this will reenforce the fact that he has to get his food from your son.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Let us know how it goes. I'll be praying for his cooperation, great advice above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online