Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excited Peeing - PLEASE HELP! :)

Real Name
    Desiree
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    General Patton
    Likes (Received)

Default Excited Peeing - PLEASE HELP! :)

Hi All,

Patton is turning 6 months this Sunday!! All is well except one thing. For the past 2 weeks Patton pees when my boyfriend gets home from work! I am usually home first so when my boyfriend gets home he goes running for the door wiggling his entire butt and the minute he walks in the door he pees. He does this even if heís just peed outside with me. If my boyfriend is home first from work I make sure he goes pee outside before I enter the house (Patton drives to and from work with me every day) but pee or no pee outside as soon as we get inside he excitedly pees on our floor. Itís not a lot but it is definitely enough and going to ruin our floors not to mention heís wiggling his butt so it goes everywhere. I thought this issue was just with my boyfriend but itís not. He did it to me yesterday after only being gone for less than 45 minutes last night to the grocery store! Just jumped up on me to say hello and give kisses and as soon as his paws hit the floor again he was peeing. Our solution for the moment is whoever has the dog has to call the other person upon arrival so they can greet Patton outside so he doesnít pee on our hardwood anymore. Other than this new issue, heís mastered (KNOCK ON WOOD) the potty training thing and doesnít have any accidents in the house ever. Weíve had Patton since he was 7 weeks old and he has always been super happy when we come home but this issue is new and is becoming more and more of a problem. Has anyone else dealt with this before? What are your suggestions? Please help! Thanks!

Proud to be Patton's Mommy.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Excited Peeing - PLEASE HELP! :)

Could have a uti

Bulldogs rule...cats drool..."the Shelly Bean"

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

He is probably very submissive and happy pee is quite common with submissive dogs. The cure could be that you or anybody arriving doesn't notice him before he's calmed down.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Good suggestions above with the possible UTI or ignoring him. Plus you're current way if doing it is genius, while a bit inconvenient, until the problem is resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

That is the best thing, just ignore him until he calms down, then the shouldn't pee.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Desiree
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    General Patton
    Likes (Received)

Thank you! That's what we were thinking too. It's just crazy one day you think you're doing great at the parenting thing and then bam! New challenge.

Wrinkle Wiper
    Real Name
    Nina
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir BoldDeGuard
    Likes (Received)

Fortunately submissive/excited peeing isn't a behavioral problem. It's probably just in the dogs personality. I have a 1 1/2 year old girl who has never grown out of it. We never acknowledge the peeing, we just quietly clean it up. But we always bring her outside before greeting us or anyone. This is also the rule when going to others house. Everyone has to come outside to meet her then she is good to go. She also pees more for people she loves. Its really not a bad thing. However punishing a dog for this can make them sensitive and insecure causing behavioral potty issues. Sorry you got a peeing pup but you will get used to it. I know it's gross but their your babies.

Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fatso, Romeo
    Likes (Received)

My 3 year old boy does this when certain people come to our house..I try to greet people outside as well so he can calm down a little before they come inside

Real Name
    Desiree
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    General Patton
    Likes (Received)

No we never punish him for it. We do the same, greet outside is mandatory for us and all our guests and if he does go inside we just clean it up. Over and over. I'd rather have this than a dog who is aggressive! He just loves everybody!!

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Its something (especially the over excited peeing) that some will just grow out of.and i got to repeat this SOME :/)my foster dog used to do this along worth "crying out of happiness" as soon as one of us walked in However what can help, is ignoring them completely at first instead of going directly to them and instigating contact, waiting for them to calm down and then greeting them calmly later that often works, especially if they do it at times like owners coming home. The more hyped and excited they are or become the more they tend to o it otherwise.
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    annie
    Likes (Received)

Annie does the excited pee thing also... Especially if she meets someone new... I either have her meet people outside or if they come over a lot I tell them to ignore her until she calms down so that there is no pee on the floor...

Bully Bootie Duty Sarah Elizabeth's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sarah
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hulk
    Likes (Received)

Hulk does it here and there. He use to do it all the time when my boyfriend got home from work so we also just made sure to take him out immediately before he got home and that seemed to help. Hulk just turned a year old and in the past few months he has gotten much better at holding his pee in excitement. Only problem were having right now is that he's on a steroid for his hotspot and it's making him pee more often. He had his first accident in months the other day. Hopefully Patton will grow out of it for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads