Help Needed! Lola is 2-years-old and pees in the house while we're gone!

LolaL

Jul 19, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola is our 2-year-old English bulldog and she is fully potty trained. Except for the fact that she sometimes pees in the house while we're gone, even if we're just away for a couple of hours. At first it was in rooms that we don't spend time in so we started blocking those rooms off and were eventually able to leave them open again and she was good. Until today when I got home and found she had peed on the couch!! We let her lay on the couch when there is a blanket on it and it's a blanket she is used to. It's so weird that she peed where she lays. I'm at a loss of what to do and don't want to put her in her kennel all day if we don't need to. Help please...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would suggest that you have your vet check and make sure she doesn't have a UTI first of all.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She may be doing it because you left, especially if she did it on the couch. Females will also mark so she may be claiming the items (couch and bed ). I've seen my bulldogs pee in the house if I leave cuz they are upset with me for leaving. So they all know it's crate time if I leave the house I want them safe and not getting into trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yep.... crate time when I am not home.... otherwise, Banks will pee somewhere.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.