Getting mixed signals so wish me luck.

hbwright

Jul 2, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Margot
At first I thought that Margot was very submissive but as she gains confidence, and as I watched her interact with a handicap friend at the vets office that she knows I realized she has very dominant play. She is very submissive to my cat and respects that cat is boss around here (even to us humans of course) so I'm hoping she'll also realize that when she meets Jubes, Jubes is the queen canine. Jubilee is a rescued boxer who has had bad temperament since she was 7 weeks and is okay with other dogs as long as they know the ropes and don't cross boundaries, and bow down to her every command. Unless you are cat or have human skin, she owns you. Her big brother knows and accepts this without question. Margot is going to be meeting him first, probably tonight or tomorrow depending on my husband schedule. We don't want to rush it and want the experience to be positive. If all goes well with Jordan she can meet Jubilee this weekend, and hopefully next week we can have some family time all together. Also, going through HW treatments her play has to be very short sessions and cannot get too rowdy. I am NOT making any promises, BUT if, big IF, she seemlessly fits in with my pack she may become a permanent member. She will always be special needs and I'm concerned that her vision is permanently damaged so she won't have adopters lining up to adopt her I'm sure.

We've also run into her humping my son, so when he gets back from camp I'm going to have him start on her basic obedience a couple minutes at a time throughout the day, and have him be the one to put her food down. I'm seeing it as more of a playmate interaction as opposed to dominance, but I'll feel better giving him a more leadership roll in their relationship.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
are they all in the house together now, but have not be introduced to each other yet, --- kinda keeping them in seperate areas?

OP
H

hbwright

Jul 2, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Margot
Yes, they are used to the sounds and smells of each other. Any foster I get gets a strict 2-week shutdown to decompress and get used to being in real home surroundings with a real family. This is used to bond with the family and not with the dogs, and get used to the dogs, the smells, the sounds of every day living, destress and start gaining confidence in their surroundings. We have had Margot out with the cat, which is something we usually don't do, but she is comfortable with him. I'm planning on doing this a little early with Margot because being from a puppy mill she is used to other dogs so I think another dog will help her with her night time fear from low vision, so I really think Jordan will help her with confidence in the evenings.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online