Begging and jumping up for food.

hulses5

Jun 30, 2014
Country
ukI
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Hi my bulldog is 16 weeks old, I try to feed him the same time as us, but he seems to inhale his food as quick as possible, then comes running to us, he continously tries to jump up and take the food off our plates, no matter how many times we say no or down he just ignores us and continues on, he always seems hungry, I'd understand if he was starving but he's far from that, I weighed him last Saturday and he weighed 11.7kg he was weighed, I weighed him today and he is now 12.3kg. Any advice please

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Never feed him handouts while you are at the table. Use a squirt bottle or the rattle can if a firm no is not enough. As you use them say NO, or down. Growing pups are always hungry-and you must tell just by how he looks-not by him acting hungry! He just needs to be trained not to jump at the table. I have never given mine "handouts" when I am eating and they don't even think of begging for that reason. It takes time patience and repetition!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN..... Lynn gave you good advice. another thing to think about is feeding him before or after you eat and then teach him to stay out of the kitchen while you are having your meal. Or, that he just can not beg... firm NO with a redirect with toy or train him to be in a sit/stay till you release him. patience and consistency will pay off for you

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online