Strange Behaviour

Nick Quigley

Jun 26, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Shankly
We're novice Bulldog owners and have a 13 month old dog. Recently he has been displaying odd behaviour. He acts as though he is being hassled and is extremely edgy. He continuously tries to protect his rear and behaves like he is looking at flies - his eyes are constantly darting as if he can see something we can't.
The last time it happened was after we had to leave him for a few hours. Is this an anxiety attack or something else? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Welcome to EBN. When you say that he's looking at flies, does he try to bite them?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN.... can you get this on video?
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]

OP
N

Nick Quigley

Jun 26, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Shankly
Welcome to EBN. When you say that he's looking at flies, does he try to bite them?
Thanks for the prompt reply. No he doesn't, he seems very nervous though, as if afraid. It happened this afternoon for about an hour. He's settled down now to his usual happy self but it had us worried for a while. This is the 4th or 5th time he's exhibited this behavior.

OP
N

Nick Quigley

Jun 26, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Shankly
Thanks for the reply. He's settled down now but if it happens again I'll make sure we film it.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks for the reply. He's settled down now but if it happens again I'll make sure we film it.

Definitely keep the camera ready... it will help us to give you any info we can to help your boy

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Check for a tail pocket that may be infected.....

OP
N

Nick Quigley

Jun 26, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Shankly
Check for a tail pocket that may be infected.....
Thanks for the info. We had him to the vet this morning; he had swollen Anal glands and there's nothing neurological going on so we're a lot happier. A couple of jabs later he seems ok for now .

2014-04-13 16.14.18.jpg

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Awesome! I'm glad all is okay. Sometimes these guys can't express their anal glands on their own and need the help. I have one just like that. We have to take her in every couple of months to have it done.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the info. We had him to the vet this morning; he had swollen Anal glands and there's nothing neurological going on so we're a lot happier. A couple of jabs later he seems ok for now .

View attachment 73471

FANTASTIC news.... :whew: seems someone is a fan of something, :hmm: not sure what ???

:giggle:

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
there is also info here on how to clean tail pockets and clean anal glands if you are willing to do it yourself - just a note it smells fierce

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.