Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swimming

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Hamm
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Swimming

Fortunately or unfortunately my Bulldog seems to like the water. In fact, he has started going in the pool when we aren't even in it. I bought him a life jacket which he hates. We have a tanning ledge on our pool and he can stand in there. I have taken him out a bit and had him swim back which he did very well (better than my Golden who refuses to swim) but he prefers just walking around in the more shallow area.-20140525_132239-jpg-chillin-homeboy-jpg

Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fatso, Romeo
    Likes (Received)

My boys will will play at the edge of the ocean and the river but they don't like pools or deep water..the first Summer I had Fatso I took him to the lake at my moms and tricked him in and he still doesn't trust me

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin' groomzilla Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ron
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

Chance is definitely a water dog he sticks his entire head under and plays in the tub for nearly an hour splashing everything. Perhaps if there were toys or other dogs who loved the water

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Blue's another one that loves the water. It wasn't anything we taught him, just took him to the beach for the first time when he was 4 months old and that was the start of his love affair. Good thing too because he needs weekly baths for his allergies.

But, the kiddie pool is a great idea.
    Start him very, very slow in the kids pool but without the life jacket.

We've taken Blue to the Florida Keys and have spent over an hour at a time outside in 90 degree weather. BUT, he was in the water most of that time and had no issues at all. No panting, nothing. He just loved it. So teaching them to love the water can be a good thing if you vacation with him.

(Please don't flog me for having Blue out in the heat. He was in the water, and cool the whole time.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads