Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Idea for those of us who cant put bedding in crate...?

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Idea for those of us who cant put bedding in crate...?

Jeffers pet has beds that are called "prison beds". They look like they are plastic covered ,and like they use in prison-but dog sized.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leo & Lola
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    I was just sitting here watching baxter trying to get comfortable on that *solid* plastic crate bottom he has to sleep on. I feel really bad. The kid can't get comfortable when he's laying on a plush pillow. Let alone a rock solid plastic. He's got to lose circulation to his paws laying on that hard surface.

But if I put bedding in there, he will pee all over it.

So Im thinking. What if there was some sort of padded base, that has plastic on top? Its the texture that makes him do it. Not the fact that its comfortable. Some thick, flexible plastic around the bedding would give him the sensation of a "solid" floor and he wont pee on it. But he'll also sleep better as can kind of "sink in" to his foundation. He wont be sleeping on a slab of rock hard plastic.

Any thoughts on this?
    I have the same issues and was turned on to primo pads. They are completely indestructible and are guaranteed as much. All the bulldog breeders I have seen at dog shows use them as well. I ordered them for each crate I have. Leo and Lola have torn up everything else but these have lasted and are super easy to clean. Here is the link:
    http://www.primopads.com

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    I was just sitting here watching baxter trying to get comfortable on that *solid* plastic crate bottom he has to sleep on. I feel really bad. The kid can't get comfortable when he's laying on a plush pillow. Let alone a rock solid plastic. He's got to lose circulation to his paws laying on that hard surface.

But if I put bedding in there, he will pee all over it.

So Im thinking. What if there was some sort of padded base, that has plastic on top? Its the texture that makes him do it. Not the fact that its comfortable. Some thick, flexible plastic around the bedding would give him the sensation of a "solid" floor and he wont pee on it. But he'll also sleep better as can kind of "sink in" to his foundation. He wont be sleeping on a slab of rock hard plastic.

Any thoughts on this?
    http://www.baxterboo.com/p.cfm/slumb...l-camo-dog-mat
    I bought the bed on the link above for Goob. Its KIND OF cloth like BUT it is water resistant AND I wipe it down with soap and water...If he pees on it...you can wipe it up or throw it in the washing machine. I got it so Goob could lay on something cooler than our carpet...I'm not sure if it will work for you but just thought I'd throw it out there.

-20140425_113550-jpg

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Opie
    Likes (Received)

I was having the same problem with Opie. The only thing he likes is a Kong brand crate pad. It's pretty thin and very durable. Everything else he either peed on or chew up. I feel much better with him sleeping on that than nothing at all. We will move it to the living room with us sometimes and he chooses to lay on that now instead of the kitchen floor.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    I've seen plastic lined crate mats but no way would I use them, they will eat that up in a heartbeat.

I have blankets now in most of my crates. They do kinda outgrown this problem after age 3. But you know what? They just push it all to the side and lay on the plastic. It's just cooler for them. Now that summer has rolled around, even Molly has given up her spot on the couch. She's been sleeping on the laminate floors !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My bullies have always loved sleeping on my ceramic tile floors. We live in Texas where it's hot and the tiles are always cool. Maybe because we wouldn't want to sleep on something hard, we assume they're the same--maybe not!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads