General Question Suggestions on Food for 8 week pup

Tammye Hahn Musto

May 28, 2014
Bulldog(s) Names
Bently
I am looking for suggestions on what everyone feeds their EB when they are a pup, I have read a lot about grain free food, But most are very expensive, We are supposed to get him in a few weeks and just wanted some general idea's.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi Tammye, welcome to EBN. You will love this site, there's a lot of great information, and lots of great people on here who are always willing to answer your questions, and share their advice and experience. There are a lot of different forums to learn from, so just jump in and start exploring them. You must be very excited to get your new baby, are you getting a girl or a boy?, any names picked out? Please be sure to post pictures when you get him/her. Most members feed their EB's Fromm's, go to the home page, and click on the Dog Food Ratings. Fromm's has a puppy formula, it is best to feed your puppy a puppy food until they are 6 or 7 months old, as they have the extra calories, vitamins, and minerals to support the rapid growth and development of a puppy. You can switch to an adult dog food when they are 6 or 7 months old, and then switch to Fromm's, they have 4 flavours which are interchangeable. A lot of bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken, but every dog is different, and what works for one may not work for another. It's really trial and error to see which food your bully tolerates. A puppy usually eats 1 cup of kibble 3 times a day, and then around 6 months, the feedings are reduced to 1 cup of kibble twice a day.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Welcome to the site. When it comes to food it can be tough for a bully. We have a great article on the home page with various dog food ratings that will give you some good info.

When I was a newbie bully dad I freaked out at the cost of a good high quality food as well but I soon realized that it wasn't that bad at all as I was feeding my pup much less of the higher quality food than I would a lower one so I was getting 3 months out of a 26lb bag food for $75 versus 1 30 or 40lb bag of a lower quality food every $25 to $30 every month.

So when you break it out yes it is more expensive but if you get 2 to 3 months out of a bag you are actually spending less than or equal to what you would with a lower quality food bought every few weeks or once a month. So what you really want to do is find the highest quality food that your pup will do well on that will not break your budget. Your pup will thank you for it and your wallet will as well in the long run as you stand to have fewer issues that require vet visits if you use a good quality food.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:welcome: to EBN! You've got great advice. I would go straight to Fromms grain free food its all stage and is the best. Only the best for the best.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: We also feed Fromm grain free.... it has been the best in all we tried for out girl

Although grain free foods are 'expensive' the better food they are fed, the less money and time they are at the vet. it is just overall healthier and better to feed them a high quality food. and, it really works ut cheaper in the long run see Todd'sbreakdown (awesome info)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.