10-week old HELP!

alifedrau

Mar 3, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
Hi everyone!

Needing some help! My bully Pumba doesn't seem to listen to the word "no" at all! You tell her no and and be firm and it just eggs her on even more. I bring her to the back yard to run around and she runs straight into the garden and runs around a tree thinking it's fun for me to chase her. She also is biting feet and skin and barks insanely when she's hyper but won't stop when we tell her no! 1.jpgWhat do I do?!?!?!

She is SO cute sleeping but a hellion when energized hahaha!

HELP!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
She is a pup and what you are going though is normal. One thing you need to remember with bullies is that they will ponder/contemplate the instruction you have given to determine how it will benefit them before doing as you asked. When she is doing something you don't want her to do in the yard you need to redirect her attention to a toy or another area of the yard. Same goes for the biting. She is in the shark baby phase so you need to redirect there as well to something that is ok for her to chew on like a Nylabone or Kong. The biggest thing is that you need to be persistent and consistent with this and it will get better... It just takes time. My Harlea just turned one earlier this month and she still plays the decision gave with many things I ask her to do.

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Welcome to the wonderful work of Bulldog adolescence.
Have you tried loud noises to distract her when shes doing something you don't want her doing? Like shaking a can of pennies? As for the biting, this is very common problem with puppies. Hell, mine walked up to me last night while I was watching TV and proceeded to bite my hand. He is 1. Try to give her something you want her to chew when she does this.

Good Luck! and it does get better :yes:

OP
A

alifedrau

Mar 3, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Pumba
Thanks so much! It's just reassuring to know it's normal!

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Agree I have a 10wk old as well and I do a lot of training with her, As well as redirect, mine is going through the shark phase as well and it is killing me but it's just going to take time. Make a can with coins or spray bottle or I have also done time outs when she starts to get to out of control. Hope this helps and I feel for ya.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She looks like a little stuffed animal!! Way to cute!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Bully puppies can be a real handful, but just be patient she will come around… and they have an abundance of energy!!! I try to use treats as an incentive to pay attention when I say NO, so you may want to go ahead and get her started w/sit & down. Then distract her from her bad choices by using a toy, nylabone, or ball for her to chew on. I also make sure to have plenty of toys around so that when she starts chomping on a person, they can put a toy in her mouth. If she gets WAY our of control, a time-out in the crate isn't a bad idea. I have an older dog and sometimes she hits her limit w/the puppy… Good Luck!!!

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Hi everyone!

Needing some help! My bully Pumba doesn't seem to listen to the word "no" at all! You tell her no and and be firm and it just eggs her on even more. I bring her to the back yard to run around and she runs straight into the garden and runs around a tree thinking it's fun for me to chase her. She also is biting feet and skin and barks insanely when she's hyper but won't stop when we tell her no! View attachment 71674What do I do?!?!?!

She is SO cute sleeping but a hellion when energized hahaha!

HELP!

Welcome to ebn
I have 2 - 15 week puppy's, puppy's hate loud noises, put a few coins in a tin and shake when there naughty, and say NO
Or try a water bottle, a few squirts and again a NO..

Give them a whirl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a freakin cutie pie!! :welcome3: to EBN

one thing to keep in mind too, for the yard/garden issue.... You chasing her is now a game to her. Do not chase, give a firm no and walk to her. If it persist, put her on leash and train her to stay put of the garden

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Welcome to the puppyhood! Its the same with young children
They all bite and dont listen -my advice us redirecting , patience, and more patience
It will take time to teach her the "rules" start using treats and make her "training" fun -shouting no wont help , it will only raise your blood pressure
You received great advice from the members x there are also great books like the "perfect puppy" it contains everything you need to know to raise happy and confident puppy xx

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.