Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted to know if any of you have noticed or seen a change in your EB behavior over years.

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)

Default Wanted to know if any of you have noticed or seen a change in your EB behavior over years.

So I was thinking Mia isn't afraid of some things, she has courage to go and explore, just over all behavior in her seems really good (besides baby shark mode). So my question is have you noticed or thought back when your puppy was young that she/he had something under control? Like maybe taking them for walks they used to do good and now they don't (scared factor). What I am trying to find out is if as a puppy you think they will be OK as adult dogs but it turns out they changed and now are scared, shy, frightened or forgot training? I want to know if I have to work with her forever on things or if once she has it down or I see she can handle it will she be OK as a adult dog??? Sorry if I explained really bad.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wanted to know if any of you have noticed or seen a change in your EB behavior over years.

Well Meatball was and still is very hyper as a puppy. He is starting to calm down a bit more. The chewing is still the same, still destroys everything. He still likes walks although he does not always feel like going on one. To answer your question I haven't noticed any real change in Meatball in 2 years. The only thing I can think of is his appetite has changed. He eats much less than when he was a pup. Personality, energy, likes, dislikes etc. really haven't changed. Hoe I helped

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wanted to know if any of you have noticed or seen a change in your EB behavior over years.

Let me add, that I keep Meatball WELL socialized

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 4flowers View Post
    Well Meatball was and still is very hyper as a puppy. He is starting to calm down a bit more. The chewing is still the same, still destroys everything. He still likes walks although he does not always feel like going on one. To answer your question I haven't noticed any real change in Meatball in 2 years. The only thing I can think of is his appetite has changed. He eats much less than when he was a pup. Personality, energy, likes, dislikes etc. really haven't changed. Hoe I helped
    Ya thank you. I wanted to find out if anybody has noticed changes in puppy/dog. I know a lot of people said that their dog is now afraid of certain things on walks so do I need to teach Mia now so she won't be afraid and not want to walk?

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Let me add, that I keep Meatball WELL socialized
    Ya see this too if I social as a puppy and she gets it do I need to keep it up or will she start being shy? That's exactly what I want to know so I know what I have to work on all her life I guess.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Ours have mellowed out the older they get.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Ours have mellowed out the older they get.
    I can't wait for that. Stuck between loving her puppy look and wanting to get past baby shark. So you haven't had to retrain any habits or work on anything with them?

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia Amor View Post
    Ya see this too if I social as a puppy and she gets it do I need to keep it up or will she start being shy? That's exactly what I want to know so I know what I have to work on all her life I guess.

Yes! Never stop socializing your puppy!

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thank u for this. Ya I want to know what I have to work on all her life.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)

Come to think of it, you WILL always struggle with rehouse breaking your pup. No matter how old english bulldogs get, they almost always regress in potty training a few times through out their life. Yup sucks lol

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

My two guys are 27 months old now, and their personalities are pretty much the same. Blossom has always and still has more energy than Dozer, and Dozer is my laid back guy, who is afraid of everything, but he has been like that since day one. They seem to sleep more as they got older, but they are both really well socialized, love people, children, and other animals. Basically they are both big sucky cuddle muffins.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Come to think of it, you WILL always struggle with rehouse breaking your pup. No matter how old english bulldogs get, they almost always regress in potty training a few times through out their life. Yup sucks lol
    Noooooooo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads