Wanted to know if any of you have noticed or seen a change in your EB behavior over years.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas has become more aggressive with age. He use to be the submissive bulldog that would play with all dogs at the park. But once he was diagnosed with epilepsy and they started pumping him full of drugs.....he changed. Talk to anyone who gives their dogs seizure meds.....they will say "I want my old dog back". I'm no different. It sucks to have to say "I remember when......"

Basically....when people come over, Vegas has to be kenneled. He gets too excited. He's too powerful. He's too anxiety ridden. And he can nip. The epilepsy has changed him. Vegas (up until the age of 3 or 4) was the sweetest cuddle bug and sweetest dog. Now I don't trust him enough to let people walk up and pet him. Better to be safe than sorry. People have met him and been okay. [MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] and her hubby Dean didn't get eaten alive by him. But I was on guard and told them to be careful. He never nips out of aggression.....in fact, I don't think he's aggressive in the slightest. I think the seizures have altered his brain and the meds have altered his reasoning.

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
They re just like children and constantly changing.... as a puppy (under 8 months) Banks was totally fearless of everything nothing bothered her at all... plastic bags, vacuum cleaner, baby gates -- nothing. At around 1 or maybe 2 that all changed... she is now terrified of any plastic bag, baby gates, broom, mops and the vacuum cleaners are all mortal enemies. Now, put another dog or cat in from to her and she has not a lick of fear in her, she will throw down with any other animal....

there are only two things about Banks that has never wavered -- overwhelming love of children (all ages) and he BEEOTCHYNESS :D

Lol ya see I want to know if I can change what she fears or is it just going to come with age? Lol BEEOTCHYNESS love that.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I noticed a change in diesel after he got attacked, he was aggressive to all dogs which isn't him....
as the hours, weeks and months have went by and I am pleased to say the big guy is back to his
chilled self :D

Awww well that I don't blame him for so glad he has made a great recovery from that. What did you do to help him with that?

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas has become more aggressive with age. He use to be the submissive bulldog that would play with all dogs at the park. But once he was diagnosed with epilepsy and they started pumping him full of drugs.....he changed. Talk to anyone who gives their dogs seizure meds.....they will say "I want my old dog back". I'm no different. It sucks to have to say "I remember when......"

Basically....when people come over, Vegas has to be kenneled. He gets too excited. He's too powerful. He's too anxiety ridden. And he can nip. The epilepsy has changed him. Vegas (up until the age of 3 or 4) was the sweetest cuddle bug and sweetest dog. Now I don't trust him enough to let people walk up and pet him. Better to be safe than sorry. People have met him and been okay. [MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] and her hubby Dean didn't get eaten alive by him. But I was on guard and told them to be careful. He never nips out of aggression.....in fact, I don't think he's aggressive in the slightest. I think the seizures have altered his brain and the meds have altered his reasoning.

I feel for you and Vegas. This was very sad to read. Poor baby he probably can't Control it. Hopefully one day with prayers they will find or give you a medication that will bring a calm medium back to him. Thank you for sharing this story with me. Mia and I will pray for a better med for your baby.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Awww well that I don't blame him for so glad he has made a great recovery from that. What did you do to help him with that?

just reassured him every few seconds every time I took him out, i kept on the same route he got attacked and he slowly came round

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
just reassured him every few seconds every time I took him out, i kept on the same route he got attacked and he slowly came round

That is so great. Then to be going the same route and him over come it. Thank you for the reply. See in my head I was thinking we'll she is not scared of certain things so she will be good later but sounds like that is not the case. I have to keep her around things and maybe it's like you said reassurance all the time, maybe?

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Arnold has always been a laid back boy, well socialized with other bullies, etc. Enter Bertha Bacon...... She is a typical girl and encourages the male to be bad, lol. Seriously, once she entered our family, there is more packing behavior with her at the lead. We now deal with fence frustration etc. So, because our lives are dynamic, I think there is always a potential for changes in behavior just we change because of sentinel events

P.S. Orion and Vegas are heart throbs!!

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold has always been a laid back boy, well socialized with other bullies, etc. Enter Bertha Bacon...... She is a typical girl and encourages the male to be bad, lol. Seriously, once she entered our family, there is more packing behavior with her at the lead. We now deal with fence frustration etc. So, because our lives are dynamic, I think there is always a potential for changes in behavior just we change because of sentinel events

P.S. Orion and Vegas are heart throbs!!

I'm afraid of that too I was thinking of adopting a male once she is about one and I'm afraid later that it may change her. Does this happen a lot or should I look for one while she is still young? Doe she get him wild or is just when she walks in the room?

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm afraid of that too I was thinking of adopting a male once she is about one and I'm afraid later that it may change her. Does this happen a lot or should I look for one while she is still young? Doe she get him wild or is just when she walks in the room?

It is her personality and always been her personality from day one of her life, lol. But this is Bertha and Arnold and not the case for every bullie. Yvette, just enjoy your bullie today and dont worry so much about the tomorrow's. If we all told you our personal circumstances, you would need to drink :beer: alot, lol

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
It is her personality and always been her personality from day one of her life, lol. But this is Bertha and Arnold and not the case for every bullie. Yvette, just enjoy your bullie today and dont worry so much about the tomorrow's. If we all told you our personal circumstances, you would need to drink :beer: alot, lol

Lol thank you for that. I just want her to be a happy puppy and adult dog. I'm a Virgo and we pre pre prepare everything. I to know ahead what to do. Lol OK but I'll relax a little. Just wanted to see mainly if she was social now woud it change later maybe? Like if she would forget or change. That's all.

agingermom

Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol thank you for that. I just want her to be a happy puppy and adult dog. I'm a Virgo and we pre pre prepare everything. I to know ahead what to do. Lol OK but I'll relax a little. Just wanted to see mainly if she was social now woud it change later maybe? Like if she would forget or change. That's all.
LOL!! I am an Aries so bossy!! Have a great weekend in So Cal!! I moved up here from San Clemente 8 years ago. I am sure the air is bad with all the fires right now

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol. You have a great weekend too. How do u like it up there? It was really bad this past week it's been so cold. Cali weather gotta love it. Lol

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
LOL!! I am an Aries so bossy!! Have a great weekend in So Cal!! I moved up here from San Clemente 8 years ago. I am sure the air is bad with all the fires right now

Lol. You have a great weekend too. How do u like it up there? It was really bad this past week it's been so cold. Cali weather gotta love it. Lol

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So I was thinking Mia isn't afraid of some things, she has courage to go and explore, just over all behavior in her seems really good (besides baby shark mode). So my question is have you noticed or thought back when your puppy was young that she/he had something under control? Like maybe taking them for walks they used to do good and now they don't (scared factor). What I am trying to find out is if as a puppy you think they will be OK as adult dogs but it turns out they changed and now are scared, shy, frightened or forgot training? I want to know if I have to work with her forever on things or if once she has it down or I see she can handle it will she be OK as a adult dog??? Sorry if I explained really bad.

Unfortunately, it's very common for them to be brave as pups, then scared of every other thing as adults. Blue was like that.
As a puppy he had no fear. Now he's 17 months, he's one big chicken.

He's well socialized, has no issue with people or dogs. Objects though :facepalm2:..

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Unfortunately, it's very common for them to be brave as pups, then scared of every other thing as adults. Blue was like that.
As a puppy he had no fear. Now he's 17 months, he's one big chicken.

He's well socialized, has no issue with people or dogs. Objects though :facepalm2:..

Well that good that social skills are good. I'm hoping she will be able to walk down the street once she is older with out pulling me back home. Lol we can all wish right. 😌

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.