Wanted to know if any of you have noticed or seen a change in your EB behavior over years.

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
So I was thinking Mia isn't afraid of some things, she has courage to go and explore, just over all behavior in her seems really good (besides baby shark mode). So my question is have you noticed or thought back when your puppy was young that she/he had something under control? Like maybe taking them for walks they used to do good and now they don't (scared factor). What I am trying to find out is if as a puppy you think they will be OK as adult dogs but it turns out they changed and now are scared, shy, frightened or forgot training? I want to know if I have to work with her forever on things or if once she has it down or I see she can handle it will she be OK as a adult dog??? Sorry if I explained really bad.

Sent from Mia's s4 (Mia Amor)

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Well Meatball was and still is very hyper as a puppy. He is starting to calm down a bit more. The chewing is still the same, still destroys everything. He still likes walks although he does not always feel like going on one. To answer your question I haven't noticed any real change in Meatball in 2 years. The only thing I can think of is his appetite has changed. He eats much less than when he was a pup. Personality, energy, likes, dislikes etc. really haven't changed. Hoe I helped :)

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Let me add, that I keep Meatball WELL socialized

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Well Meatball was and still is very hyper as a puppy. He is starting to calm down a bit more. The chewing is still the same, still destroys everything. He still likes walks although he does not always feel like going on one. To answer your question I haven't noticed any real change in Meatball in 2 years. The only thing I can think of is his appetite has changed. He eats much less than when he was a pup. Personality, energy, likes, dislikes etc. really haven't changed. Hoe I helped :)

Ya thank you. I wanted to find out if anybody has noticed changes in puppy/dog. I know a lot of people said that their dog is now afraid of certain things on walks so do I need to teach Mia now so she won't be afraid and not want to walk?

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Let me add, that I keep Meatball WELL socialized

Ya see this too if I social as a puppy and she gets it do I need to keep it up or will she start being shy? That's exactly what I want to know so I know what I have to work on all her life I guess.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Ours have mellowed out the older they get.

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Ours have mellowed out the older they get.

I can't wait for that. Stuck between loving her puppy look and wanting to get past baby shark. So you haven't had to retrain any habits or work on anything with them?

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Ya see this too if I social as a puppy and she gets it do I need to keep it up or will she start being shy? That's exactly what I want to know so I know what I have to work on all her life I guess.

Yes! Never stop socializing your puppy! :)

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Yes! Never stop socializing your puppy! :)
Come to think of it, you WILL always struggle with rehouse breaking your pup. No matter how old english bulldogs get, they almost always regress in potty training a few times through out their life. Yup sucks lol:)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My two guys are 27 months old now, and their personalities are pretty much the same. Blossom has always and still has more energy than Dozer, and Dozer is my laid back guy, who is afraid of everything, but he has been like that since day one. They seem to sleep more as they got older, but they are both really well socialized, love people, children, and other animals. Basically they are both big sucky cuddle muffins.

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Come to think of it, you WILL always struggle with rehouse breaking your pup. No matter how old english bulldogs get, they almost always regress in potty training a few times through out their life. Yup sucks lol:)

Noooooooo

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
My two guys are 27 months old now, and their personalities are pretty much the same. Blossom has always and still has more energy than Dozer, and Dozer is my laid back guy, who is afraid of everything, but he has been like that since day one. They seem to sleep more as they got older, but they are both really well socialized, love people, children, and other animals. Basically they are both big sucky cuddle muffins.

Well that's good not to much work for you. I would love that

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They re just like children and constantly changing.... as a puppy (under 8 months) Banks was totally fearless of everything nothing bothered her at all... plastic bags, vacuum cleaner, baby gates -- nothing. At around 1 or maybe 2 that all changed... she is now terrified of any plastic bag, baby gates, broom, mops and the vacuum cleaners are all mortal enemies. Now, put another dog or cat in from to her and she has not a lick of fear in her, she will throw down with any other animal....

there are only two things about Banks that has never wavered -- overwhelming love of children (all ages) and he BEEOTCHYNESS :D

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I noticed a change in diesel after he got attacked, he was aggressive to all dogs which isn't him....
as the hours, weeks and months have went by and I am pleased to say the big guy is back to his
chilled self :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.