Discourage begging?

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
I have a new pup, will be 12 weeks old in 2 days. How do I go about discouraging scavenging and begging?

When my kids eat at the table she goes under the table looking for food while they are eating, if im eating she comes up to me and is obnoxious. I have just been crating her and then she starts barking. Anyone have any techniques that will allow her to be out of the crate without being annoying?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Teach/train her to stay out of the kitchen while you are eating.... place her in a room in a stay and train her to stay. Eventually she will know not to be in the room when you are having a meal. HOWEVER, everyone in the house must do this every time you/they eat otherwise it will not work

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We timed Harlea's meal times around ours so she is in her crate eating while we are eating breakfast and dinner. At lunch when I am eating if she starts to beg I make her lie down and stay. It took us a long time to get to that point but it gets better each and every day, but if she is being really bull headed that day i will just pull out one of her antlers and she will go to the other side of the room and just chomp away.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I taught Bifi to sit about a foot or two away when we eat in a place accessible to him. We often times watch a movie while eating and eat at the sofa. At the beginning he got plenty enough treats when he does it, now he would away whether or not he gets treats from us. he doesn't get treats most of the times now and when he doesn't, he would still stay there or get bored and play or get bored and sleep.

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
Leon begging for my ice lolly.

7a9y6u2e.jpg

ama7ahuq.jpg

yzy5u4ag.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Leon van houkje Leon's face gets more dramatic with each photo. By picture three it is pure starvation!!!:lmaoboy:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
LOL [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] very keen observation! [MENTION=11415]Leon van houkje[/MENTION] and was he successful?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online