My bulldog won't stop chewig his bed! He keeps destroying it!

Sulyta27

May 16, 2014
Hialeah, Florida, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Teo
I don't know what to do. Every time I buy him a new bed he destroys it and I just don't know what to do. He wasn't doing that when he was little, he's now 9 months old, he's been behaving like this for the past 3 to 4 months I'll say. Any suggestions? I hate to see him sleeping on the floor, he won't even go inside his crate to sleep. He stays outside, we have a big backyard,with no grass, all concrete, where he has plenty of room to play. We also have a small Chihuahua and they get along vey well. He chews on herbed as well. Please help!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Have you heard about the bed called kuranda? I have one for Izzy and she loves it! She also ate her fluffy Petco bed and many inserts of her crate (specially on that age!). Actually at 9months old thats when she destroyed ALL her toys!

here's a picture of the kuranda:

Smiling-Bulldog-Dody-588x288.jpguntitled.png

It's perfect because they can't detroy it and its elevated and keeps them cool.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have never had an issue with my guys chewing stuff, but there are many members here that had to remove all bedding due to the pups either chewing, destrying or peeing on it. Best of luck --- they will be along to provide some help

Sherry3102

Mar 28, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
My Dozer is 8 1/2 months old & he eats everything I put in his crate & his fluffy beds. I just put a towel down in his crate & leave it at that. Most of the time he moves it out of his way & lays on the crate?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 314

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/the towel or get one of those collaroo dog beds. Winston went thru an eating his bed stage, but he finally stopped...

alirebco

May 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Annabelle (Belly)
Don't put towels in a crate! Our last bulldog chewed a towel and the threads were cutting her intestines and she had to have emergency surgery where they had to run the whole bowel. We really loved the Orvis Tough Chew beds - they are indestructible!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus eats every bed I have ever bought his. He eats towels too. It wont hurt him to have nothing to lay on. Sometimes when you have a chewer you have no choice. I gave up on beds a long time ago.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace has chewed up several beds, I think for him it is primarily the stuffing he wants to get at, though he is a big chewer. Just a towel in his crate now, so far not much trouble with those

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea would eat her beds all the time until we realized she was going after the tags on it. Once we started cutting them off she stopped eating them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Lucy did the same thing, so for years she slept in her crate with nothing. Then we found Primo Crate Pads, and you can get them with tie downs so they can not chew on them. Lucy has had hers for over a year and has not chewed it at all. You just need to get your guy to sleep in his crate. Plus you said he stays outside??? Is that outside his crate or outside the house? If he is staying outside the house, then he needs to be brought indoors, as bulldogs are NOT outside dogs. He will die in the Florida summer heat.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.