Why is she so scared?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@Izzy's Mom Blue has similar issues. Garbage cans are the devil, strange noises have him running for his crate, boxes are evil, and the maintenance guys that work in my building? OMG, I think one of these days he just might bite one. When they come up to the apartment, I have to lock him in our bedroom. I think their uniforms send him into some strange panic mode.
We've had him since he was about 8 weeks old, and like Izzy, he has never been abused. Spoiled yes, but abused? HA! I'd sooner abuse my husband.

So, I also think part of it is personality. Most bullies are scared of many things, so Izzys issue is not unique. Have your read Mer55 's thread? Bogey is now scared of ducks. Yes ducks! In fact, there are so many threads on bullies being frightened of so many things that when I read about one that's not, I'm impressed. So know you're not alone.

Training may help, and showing you're the pack leader definitely makes them feel more secure. But I think at the end of the day, it's just one of the many neurotic behaviors most bulldogs seem to have. Some are just worse than others.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] - Thanks for the reply! I will check [MENTION=7064]mer55[/MENTION] thread on her bulldog and ducks! I just came back from lunch break and carried a few treats with em while taking Izzy to go potty. I made sure she focused on me the entire time, made her sit before the elevator door open, gave her a treat, made her sit inside and once the door opened i gave her a treat again. I guess I will just work with her and try to help with whatever I can. But just like everybody here.... Izzy is a scared bully! Happy one for the most part but also scared of many tings!

Just took a pic of her during lunch... going to share!

IMG_20140515_115109.jpgIMG_20140515_115047.jpg

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@Blueberrys Mom - Thanks for the reply! I will check @mer55 thread on her bulldog and ducks! I just came back from lunch break and carried a few treats with em while taking Izzy to go potty. I made sure she focused on me the entire time, made her sit before the elevator door open, gave her a treat, made her sit inside and once the door opened i gave her a treat again. I guess I will just work with her and try to help with whatever I can. But just like everybody here.... Izzy is a scared bully! Happy one for the most part but also scared of many tings!

Just took a pic of her during lunch... going to share!

View attachment 70807View attachment 70808

She's such a cutie. Making her focus on you is definitely a good idea. We try to do that as well.

Oh, here's the thread with Bogey and the ducks..lol
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?37428-Oh-brother-a-new-fear!&highlight=ducks

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Bo is really scared too... Of lots of stuff. Especially plastic bags, garbage bags, moved furniture, new furniture, and vacuum.
He always gets used to the new furniture but it involves a lot of crying and moaning and pawing at it. I hope she starts getting better. Poor baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online