Help Needed! Rocco constantly licks his paws

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus does that sometimes and wiping his paws down with a baby wipe when he comes in from playing in the grass really helps.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Brutus does the same thing. I give Benedryl if it is really bad but I also give him 1 allegra allergy pill a day. This keeps him nice and even. I do notice also that when Bru is really tired he will lick his paws right before he goes to sleep. I would do the allegra though. Ever since I started it he has not had wet eyes or been licking.

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Good to see you Matt!!! :w00t: The gang has you covered, poor Rocco… this the season!!! My allergies have been horrible this season...

You too!

You guys are the best!

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
He may be allergic to grass! Matilda has this issue too, and it turned out to be a grass allergy. I decided to make her a "litter box" to use instead of the grass and her feet instantly cleared up and she stopped biting them!

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
[MENTION=9549]fastmatt613[/MENTION] my Rocco dose the same. He would lick and then start bitting.he ended up creating hotspots I lost a little bit hair not much. My vet said its allergies. I clean his paws when he comes in from outside. I give zyrtec once a day also I spray "Relief" on him.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

schak

Oct 14, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Margie
Hey all, I've noticed over the past 2 or 3 weeks that Rocco is constantly licking his paws, usually at night time. I keep telling him no and move them away from his mouth but he goes back to it. Mainly the front ones. I'm nervous he'll lick them to the point of losing hair or really irritating them so I'd like to address it before that happens. I read it could be allergies? Nothing has changed for him still eating the same fromms as always and filtered water. Anybody have any experience with this or know what would cause him to do this? Thanks in advance!

Your dog could have interdigital cysts. I've had two bullies with this problem.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Nice to "see" you [MENTION=9549]fastmatt613[/MENTION] Yes, it is usually allergies when paw licking. This years is especially bad for everyone's allergies! I, too
have had to give Benedryl. Walmart brand is the same, and cheaper.

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Yea it is crazy. Now he is only 11 months but this is the first time he has done this. IHe never had a problem walking on the grass before. Plus he loves it, so I hope he is not allergic. I try to only give the benadryl like 2-3 times a week, I don't wanna drug him up too much lol. But sometimes he can wake me up from how loud he is slobbering over those paws. I hope this dog allergy season ends soon!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.