Help Needed! Puppy biting us and other dogs

CaveDiverFL

Mar 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
Hey Guys,

we've been having an issue with our little Agnes (16 weeks old) for a while now and wanted to see if you could give us some advice. She's being very very chewy and biting the crap out of us. Once she starts biting she won't stop no matter what we do (Tell her no, yelp, try to put her into her place or re-direct) nothing seems to work with her at all. She's biting very hard and won't let go once she has a grip. She does this hyper-biting about 2-3 times daily and we don't know what to do about it since we're not supposed to punish bulldogs ever, the only thing we can do when it gets out of control is put her away for a while. She's doing the same thing to other dogs too, always playing very rough and tries to be dominant towards every dog. Even when she plays with larger dogs (big pitbull puppies and similar) she bites them and tries to take them down and won't give up even if they get her back.

Do you have any suggestions on how to correct this behavior?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Ah the shark baby phase oh how I don't miss it. You are doing the right thing already with the no, ow and redirect. You just have to stay persistent and consistent and she will eventually get the hint. It is going to take time so stick with it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Jocha25

Feb 28, 2014
Yes stick with it, my Reggie is the same at 12 weeks. However, I have seen some improvement this past week. I felt the same dismay as you the last few weeks x

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Continue as you are... Also, try to turn your back and ignore her when her play turns rough....

Members online

No members online now.