Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nipping, snapping & biting!

Quote Originally Posted by pattonsmom View Post
    Mary can I please have your phone number?!?! I'm kidding. I read your post and am sitting at work cracking up! I have a 13 week old who I tell everyone he is evil and he hates me! That's not even close to true but right now ALL he wants to do is bite and bite hard! He's not doing it maliciously but he doesn't know when it's too hard. We just started our first (of 6) Puppy Kindergarten classes on Sunday and I am hoping that helps however at home he is a terror and gets multiple 5-15 minute time outs a lot. They seem to be helping as he calms himself down immediately (and he loves his crate). I love him to pieces and have already started talking about eventually getting another one because one is just not enough however right now there are some days, okay most days, where I don't know if I am going to survive this puppy stage!! He also is OBSESSED with plastic water bottles. The countless dollars of the high value toys our trainer told us we had to buy, and we did, and my dog goes bananas for his water bottle- every time!

Thanks for your post. It made me laugh. I can't wait to get home to my little guy tonight even though I can guarantee there will be at least one or two time outs tonight!

you are soooo welcome! Sadly, it's all true though! Bully's are very " mouthy"- it will just take ALOT of patience. The only thing that worked for me was crate time. Bogey also loved his crate, but he loved being out with us more. So, when he was " jailed", he usually just sat there moping, and usually took a nap, which I found was exactly what generally caused his frenzy- just like a baby, he was tired and ornery. Napping brought out a different pup- especially in that 12-24 month age. Everyone here got me through those tough stages. Post away- we'll all be here for support!! Good luck!! And I LOVE Gen. Pattons name!!!! He is gorgeous!!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

Real Name
    Desiree
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    General Patton
    Likes (Received)

Thank you! And yes, even though I am new here, the support already has honestly been so helpful and welcoming!
    Proud to be Patton's Mommy.

How old is he?

Lola went trough this for almost 2 years. Biting my feet was her way of saying "i'm hungry I need to play or I need to pee. " All of them represent a basic need.

Have you tried to channel the energy to training activities?
    Princess Lola and the Pea , ACGC, CGC, Registered Therapy Dog through Therapy Dogs Incorporated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads